We are looking for an energetic and professional Food Runner to join our vibrant restaurant. You will perform a range of tasks including preparing tables, serving orders, explaining meals, and facilitating collaboration between kitchen and wait staff.
As a Food Runner, your ultimate goal will be to provide our guests with outstanding customer service and actively help to improve their overall dining experience. The ideal candidate will be friendly, professional, and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Assist customers with their orders by explaining specials, meals, and drinks, and make recommendations.
- Deliver food orders to a variety of customers in a timely manner.
- Accurately explain food orders to chefs, with specific attention to allergies and special requests.
- Help the wait staff set up tables by placing appropriate tableware, eating utensils, decorations, and napkins.
- Uphold our food health safety and sanitation principles.
- Occasionally check on customers to handle any impromptu requests or issues.
- Remove dirty dishes from the table.
- Inform management of customer feedback.
- Assisting with opening and closing duties, such as restocking the bar with garnishes, straws, and napkins, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc.
- Ensuring bar is well-stocked with ice, liquor, wine, and beer.
- Checking taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs, or changing out kegs, if needed.
- Keeping the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Learning about menu items and memorizing cocktail recipes.
- Taking orders, preparing drinks, bussing tables, opening tabs, and processing payments especially during peak hours.
- Speaking to customers, answering questions, handling complaints.