ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH:
Vertava Health is a leading national behavioral healthcare system for mental health and substance use disorders, providing a full continuum of services based on the individuals' varying needs at different times in their health and recovery journey. We apply evidence-based treatment modalities at every level of care and embed digital health tools to enhance and amplify clinical outcomes. With a growing list of Joint Commission accredited inpatient and outpatient locations across the country, a virtual care platform and a national network of healthcare providers, Vertava Health pioneers care that empowers people so that they can live out their best future.
In order to make this possible, we need an exceptional Driver who can meet the requirements below. Think you have what it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
As a Driver you’ll be responsible for the transportation of our patients throughout the duration of treatment, from initial pickup point until the time of discharge. This may include individual or group trips to central locations for outings such as appointments and meetings. This job requires a flexible schedule, as our facilities accept patients at any hour, 365 days a year.
This candidate will be based in Bangor, ME, but will be responsible for transporting patients to and from our residential facility in Cummington, MA.
Priority responsibilities include:
- Operate company vehicles in a safe and efficient manner
- Pick-up and drop-off patients at airports or other locations (Trips may require up to 10 continuous hours round trip)
- Navigate to various locations, in all weather conditions, and be quick to reroute through unexpected circumstances as needed
- Transport clients during treatment to any of a number of locations based on program requirements, clinical or medical need
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness, accurate inspections, and patient transportation logs on a daily basis
- Exhibit positive and professional demeanor when greeting and interacting with patients; practice de-escalation tactics as needed
- Ensure safety regulations are met and vehicle is equipped with required safety kit
- Communicate with cross-functional teams to tend to send updates regarding patient status
- Complete required trainings and assessments as assigned
- Embody brand values by fostering a growth mindset, demanding integrity from self and others, setting higher standards and working together
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have valid state issued driver's license required with clean driving record for minimum of last three years- no DUI’s, reckless driving charges in last 7 years
- High school diploma/GED required
- 1-3 years of driving experience preferred
- FirstAid/CPR certification required at time of hire
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Must be able to operate a smartphone to send mobile email updates
- Must be insurable on our company vehicle liability insurance
- Ability to read and interpret written information
- Must have outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Maintain courteous and professional behavior and appearance
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining high energy
- Flexibility with schedule, including availability to work on-call, nights and weekends
- Ability to sit for long periods (5+ consecutive hours)
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 lbs. and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Dress Code Requirements:
- Top: company provided polo shirts
- Shoes: Non-slip, closed-toe shoe
Vertava Health is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled