Administrative Assistant, Education & Training-Fall 2021
Administrative Assistant, Education & Training
*** This position is a youth employment strategy position funded by Canada Summer Jobs and is for applicants ages 16 - 30 only.
*** It is anticipated that this will be a mostly work-from-home position due to Covid-19 guidelines etc., with the option of using the Barrie main office as an option if available and when Covid-19 guidelines permit.
Note: You need to answer the "pre-interview" questions before submitting, or you will get an email asking you to complete them. Also note that emails regarding this position come from a "Get Hired" account, and may be delivered to your spam folder.
As the Administrative Assistant, Education & Training, you will work with, support, and report to the Education Program Coordinator and other supervisors at OMCI. Your work will be key in administering, planning, and executing the educational trainings and workshop for OMCI Members and the public. This position may be a part time or full time position, and the successful applicant should be able to accommodate flexible hours.Role and Responsibilities
Archival and organization:
- Organize Education Dept.'s Google drive (video assets, etc.).
- Update the Monday.com board with details regarding trainings completed, etc.
- Inform all departments and supervisors of approved and upcoming trainings.
- Communicate with Content Creation Team for graphics social media posts, training video editors and producers needed for trainings.
- Appropriate handwriting to send thank you cards to workshop speakers.
- Receive invoices from key speakers in trainings and send to Finance Dept.
Proofreading and editing:
- Proofread and/or draft workshop and training descriptions.
- Taking notes/minutes from workshops and trainings.
- Create organized notes for distribution.
- Attending and ensuring the recording of trainings.
- Taking attendance for trainings and workshops.
- Communicating inappropriate workshop behaviour to PCs.
Educating and Planning:
- Assist in Drafting learning goals/themes for each training/workshop.
- Assist with Curriculum development (opportunity to lead/direct a training).
- Assist with planning theme-appropriate weeks of workshops and trainings.
- Accurate data collection and preparation of charts and graphs for reports.
- Responding to public and internal inquiries via email, phone and other media channels.
- Any other duties as required.
Between 16-30 years of age (required under Canada Summer Jobs guidelines)
Consistent access to a functioning computer with stable internet access;
Regular and consistent access to a working cell phone with data;
Familiarity and experience with Microsoft Office suite, as well as GSuite applications such as Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets is considered an asset; Preferred Skills:
Excellent written and verbal communication
Accuracy in data entry
Ability to keep calm in challenging and/or loud environments
Interpersonal & Teamwork:
Outstanding organization skills
Critical thinking skills
Active problem-solving skills
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Office organization tools, such as Monday.com
Basic Graphic Design (Canva +)
Common social media platforms
The OMCI team seeks individuals who enjoy collaboration, creativity, learning new skills, and engaging with the artists, and the community. This position may involve working some evenings and weekends as needed for special events and items needed on an urgent basis. Membership is not required to participate in the competition for this position, and no preference is given to existing members in our ranking process, however, upon acceptance of an employment contract, all employees are required to join the co-operative.
You are welcome to complete co-op work terms or school assignments through your participation in this program. We ask that any photos, documents or other content that you may need for your report/presentation be cleared through one of the corporate officers to ensure we are meeting our responsibilities to all employees, members, and volunteers.
*** RETURNING STAFF are encouraged to add a cover letter file detailing their growth since last season, why they would like to return, and what they hope to get out of the program if selected for 2021.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.