SUMMARY OF POSITION
The General Manager’s primary duty is the management of
the daily operations of the restaurant to ensure the overall goal of
outstanding guest service. The General Manager manages the day-to-day
activities of Shift Leaders and other hourly staff. The General Manager is the highest-ranking
member of the management team in the restaurant and had direct responsibility
for overseeing the financial results, operations, staff development, customer
service and compliance with all Company policies, procedures, standards, and
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all day-to-day restaurant operations to ensure
Company standards for quality food, service, and sanitation are met.
- Manage and supervise Shift Leaders and hourly staff.
- Assign and direct daily work responsibilities for staff.
- Order inventory for all areas and operations to ensure the
restaurant is stocked with appropriate levels of product.
- Reconcile cash registers at open and close of each shift.
- Maintain all records as required by Company policies and
procedures, and in compliance with state and federal law.
- Maintain staff compliance with Company policies, procedures,
standards, and specifications.
- Maintain staff compliance with state and federal laws
governing safety and food handling.
- Recruit, interview, select and hire quality staff for all
- Conduct orientation and train Shift Leaders and other hourly
staff to ensure employees perform their respective jobs.
- Perform performance reviews of Shift Leaders and other hourly
staff on a regular basis. Provide ongoing feedback, coaching, and
counseling to Shift Leaders and hourly staff regarding areas such as
production, efficiency, and professionalism.
- Perform counseling, disciplinary action or termination of
employment of Shift Leaders and other hourly staff.
- Recommend any promotion, advancement, or other status change
of Shift Leaders and other hourly staff to Area Director.
- Adjust work schedules and hours of work of Shift Leaders and
hourly staff, as needed, to ensure all shifts are covered.
- Approve overtime as necessary for hourly staff.
- Display exemplary and professional attitude and appearance at
- Listen and communicate effectively with the assistant
Managers, Shift Leaders and hourly staff, guests, vendors, and the
- Conduct management and staff meetings.
- Follow the Area Directors direction and accomplish the
objectives set by the Area Director.
- Review the objectives with Shift Leaders and hourly staff as
- Delegate appropriate tasks and responsibilities as necessary.
- Resolve employee complaints, questions or concerns as
WORK CONDITION REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including extended
- Periods of standing and walking, as necessary.
- Frequent contact with guests, requiring tact and courtesy.
- Frequent contact with subordinates, requiring direction and
- Minimum High school diploma or GED equivalent. Associate or 4 year degree preferred.
- 2-5 years in restaurant management or leadership position.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate well.
- Proficient math skills and comfort with numbers.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Demonstrates maturity and professional demeanor at all times.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Positive attitude and self-disciplined.