Iconic architecture, a thriving social scene, beautifully landscaped spaces and an array of top-notch services. Heritage Hunt offers a unique guests and associates experience that combines a nostalgic essence of culture and sophistication with comfortable, modern conveniences. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual for the position of Professional Server Heritage Hunt Golf & Country Club in Gainesville, VA.
Up to Par Management LLC selects only the most passionate and skilled hospitality professionals. Up to Par Management LLC is a premier management company creating lifetime memories for its members, guests, and associates through its profitable clubs, hotels, value-added services and community relationships.
Our playful, yet professional attitude is what we live by.
Heritage Hunt Golf and Country Club
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
This position is responsible for providing food and beverage services to guest/members in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner; ensures a positive experience for all guest/members.
- Greets guest/members upon arrival; assists with seating as needed.
- Opens/presents/pours wines and champagnes in a professional manner as needed.
- Accurately writes tickets for food and beverage items; turns tickets into kitchen/bar in a timely manner; coordinates with kitchen staff to clarify any special requests.
- Handles purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation at all times; performs closing clean-up duties.
- Resolves guest/member problems/complaints; utilizes own best judgment in resolving issues or refers to management as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Previous experience in a restaurant setting preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Bartending experience prefered
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
If this sounds like you, we want you to apply! We hope you are up for the challenge and excited to be part of a growing company.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Up to Par Management, and its subsidiary, Taylor Hospitality, is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club, hotel, and restaurant operations, full-service management, and consulting. We are a growth-oriented company pride ourselves in providing opportunities for our associates as well as our partner properties.