At Air Innovations, We Value:
Expertise & Learning â€“ Our entire technical staff, from engineers to production employees, has been cross-trained on all our products and follows lean manufacturing principles that result in reduced production times.
Efficiency â€“ Cross-training combined with the flexible workstation layout of our 40,000 ft2 facility allow us to transfer resources from product line to product line quickly and efficiently as customer purchases or design needs change.
Quality â€“ Air Innovationsâ€™ products are certified to the safety and performance standards of ETL, UL, CSA, CE, CCC, ANSI, SEMI or MIL-STD.
Collaboration â€“ We strongly believe in developing alliances with local universities and other organizations to help foster the development of certain technologies, which we can then incorporate into solutions for our customers.
Community â€“ Air Innovations believes â€œcommunityâ€ means more than learning togetherâ€“ it also means giving back. On September 9th Air Innovations will proudly host their 9th annual golf charity fundraiser.
Manufacturing Engineers provide technical support to our production teams and continuously improve current production methods. In addition, they assist the Director of Operations in maintaining a world-class manufacturing operation and facility.
- Provide technical support to OEM production lines.
- Correct and update BOMs as necessary.
- Coordinate design-for-manufacturing changes with Engineering.
- Troubleshoot quality problems with OEM units.
- Root-cause analysis.
- Lead 5S program and do daily audits.
- Continuously improve current production methods.
- Write and maintain VKS work instructions.
- Perform time studies to balance work content between assemblers.
- Maintain pareto analysis and identify top 3 quality problems.
- Reduce Internal quality defects to meet annual goal.
- Conduct proof of concept studies.
- Assist in warranty cost reduction programs.
- Maintain QC Test Protocols.
- Create and update Test Protocols.
- Validate Test Protocols.
- Migrate existing OEM paper protocols to electronic system.
- Develop in-process QC tests and fixtures.
- Coordinate facility maintenance with outside contractors, including plumbing, electrical, pest, lighting, heating/AC, snow removal, lawn/landscaping, roof leak, security system, cleaning service.
- Coordinate Safety Program.
- Coordinate monthly audits and trainings with EHS Risk Management.
- Lead efforts to resolve audit findings.
- Develop and maintain an Assembler Certification Program.
- Define training requirements and schedule.
- Develop VKS trainings and multiple-choice tests.
- Assist in periodic regulatory and ISO audits.
- Maintain gauge calibration program.
- 2-year technical degree in mechanical or industrial engineering or other related engineering discipline.
- Minimum 4 yearsâ€™ experience in supporting manufacturing operations in an engineering role.
- High level of self-motivation and integrity.
- Lean/6-Sigma Green Belt certification or higher.
- Proficient with use of computer and software applications including MS Office and an ERP system.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret part drawings and both mechanical and electrical prints.
- Ability to troubleshoot, collaborate, and brainstorm with other team members.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in mechanical or industrial engineering.
- Lean/6-Sigma Black Belt.
- History of process improvements and new process design based on advancements in technology and changing environment of manufacturing.
Speech and hearing sufficient for constant in-person and telephone written and verbal communication in English.
Manual dexterity sufficient for to set up, adjust and operate testing equipment.
Full range of motion sufficient for moving quickly throughout the production area, bending and stretching to view product at different heights and angles.
Ability to sit and stand for extended periods at assembly stations, move freely throughout the production and office area, use upper extremities, hands and fingers to grasp, identify, manipulate, adjust or feel parts and equipment. , talk, hear and perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists.
Mental and visual requirements:
Close mental and visual attention required to perform work dealing primarily with preparing and analyzing technical data, reading and adjusting production equipment and test gauges, using a computer terminal, and/or extensive reading.
Work is performed in a manufacturing setting with exposure to temperature changes, heat, noise, chemical odors, rotating and stationary equipment environment. Personal protective must be worn as required for certain operations and in certain locations.
Air Innovations is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of a person's race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics or carrier status, arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally protected class or status.
Air Innovations Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled