Works in tandem with First Guaranty Bank Mortgage originators to provide quality customer service. Timely processes all In-House portfolio loans and secondary market loans. This role requires solid proficiency for processing government, conforming and/or non-conforming loans with regular communication with both borrowers and originating lenders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Orders all verifications and information needed to submit a complete file to underwriting.
2. Collects all insurance and tax information.
3. Orders and reviews appraisals.
4. Orders title work from closing attorney.
5. Ensures all information collected is accurate in Calyx Pointe.
6. Prepares Adverse Action notices.
7. Ensures all customer files are complete and in compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations.
8. Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
9. Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
· 2 Years of Mortgage Loan experience.
· Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
· Good organizational skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft office suite.
· Ability to learn new software systems quickly.
· Accuracy and ability to coordinate and prioritize workday efficiently.
· Must be a self-starter, conscientious, comfortable with detail.
· Ability to exhibit professionalism in communication skills
· Possess excellent typing skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled