*****$500 Sign on Bonus!*****
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual to join our team as the food expeditor. The responsibilities of the food expeditor include maintaining the flow of orders from waiters to the kitchen to diners, ensuring orders are completed quickly and correctly, assisting with the finishing touches on dishes, and conducting quality control on each dish.
To be successful as a food expeditor, you should have strong communication, coordination, organizational, and management skills. Ultimately, a top-notch food expeditor should excel at directing people in a fast-paced, chaotic environment.
Food Expeditor Responsibilities:
- Ensuring communication in the kitchen by calling out orders, getting the status on dishes, and calling the waitstaff to serve completed dishes.
- Informing the waitstaff when certain dishes or ingredients have run out and passing food requests from the waitstaff to the kitchen.
- Monitoring the food portions on completed dishes according to restaurant standards.
- Ensuring that all orders are completed in time and with the correct priority.
- Inspecting the cleanliness, presentation, and temperature of completed dishes.
- Performing the finishing touches to completed dishes, such as adding garnishes and removing smudges.
- Keeping the cooking, storage, and prep areas clean, neat, and well-stocked.
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety standards.
- Assisting all staff as needed.
- Handling customer complaints on behalf of the kitchen staff and looking for solutions.
*$500 Bonus -$250 after 30 days of employment and $250 after Labor Day if employed still.