Do you enjoy fast
paced environments and multi-level projects? If you are an analytical thinker
who enjoys working with a small team or by yourself and can drive items to
closure, then we need to talk.
This position requires a person with proactive problem solving, decision-making
skills, and an initiative to work independently in a detail-oriented
environment. You will need to provide accountability and oversight to a few
people who are analyticals just like you.
Attention to detail and accuracy is critical, as you will be managing many
moving parts in a time sensitive context. This is a very hands on
position with a great deal of self-reliance required. Review the job
description below. If you think you possess these skills and background, then
providing financial/credit analysis for commercial and some consumer loans,
perform research on industry trends, spread financial statements, underwrite
loan requests, and prepare internal reports. Work is generally independent with
collaborative in nature, with a focus on more complex projects.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Analyzes sources of financial information, such as
financial statements, credit bureau reports and cash flows to determine
potential risk and profitability of loan.
- Works directly with Loan
Officers to obtain all necessary information needed to underwrite loan
requests and ensure continued financial capacity and adherence to loan
policy and covenants.
- From time
to time, attends joint meetings with loan officers and prospective or
existing customers to obtain appropriate information regarding the
- Prepares spreadsheets, interprets
financial information, and develops cash flows of prospective and existing
borrowers; reports findings and makes recommendations to improve credit
quality and minimize risk of potential losses.
- Responsible for handling more
complex credits and other aspects of the job function.
- Prepares high quality credit
presentations with minimal rewrites and conducts accurate credit analysis
on all projects assigned.
- Assists in mentoring and
reviewing work of junior analysts.
- Assists in preparing and
maintaining the watch list and non-accrual reports for the Bank.
- Assists in analyzing existing
and perspective vendors of the Bank, on an annual basis and on request.
- Prepares monthly borrowing base
reports for asset-based credit facilities.
- Assists in providing
leadership, training, and coaching to Credit Analyst team and back up
support for the CCO and/or CRO.
- Helps maintain credit shared files to ensure the
adequacy of loan approval documents and supporting information.
- Completes all required training and maintains thorough knowledge of
procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing
financial institutions, as they apply to your position and job
- Contributes to efficiencies by offering innovative solutions to
problem areas or issues within the credit function.
other duties and responsibilities as assigned to support the bank’s
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 4-7 years related experience in credit underwriting and
- Must be able to demonstrate strong oral, written and
interpersonal communication skills, interpret documents, understand
procedures, write reports and correspondence, and communicate effectively
to customers and employees.
- Must have strong knowledge of banking and compliance laws, regulations,
financial analysis, and credit practices in consumer and commercial
- Must possess strong leadership, teamwork, problem solving, and
- Must have strong knowledge of standard computer applications
including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to understand and interpret financial data (Balance
Sheets, Income Statements, Cash Flow Statements, Financial Ratios, etc.)
and apply those skills as they pertain to the loan underwriting process.
- Must be detail-oriented in order to
generate accurate reports.
- Must have exceptional time management skills and be able to
organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to adjust quickly to different
work situations; remain composed under pressure and stressful situations.
- Must be able to work independently with occasional guidance on
more complex aspects of the work.
- Must be able to utilize job knowledge and sound reasoning to
analyze situations, resolve problems and reach decisions.
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively isolate,
define and correct problem areas or issues by offering innovative
- Must be able to stay current on all changes within the banking
industry as they pertain to the credit function.
- Must maintain a thorough knowledge of bank operations, credit and
lending policies and procedures, and accounting and finance.
- Cross-sell other services of the bank.
- Uphold the M&M Bank Code of Ethics and ensure that
confidential information is safeguarded. Support and uphold the M&M
Bank Mission Statement.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all
associates to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and
communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and
efficiency for the bank's overall operation.
- Office environment, but may have
occasion to work outdoors.
- Travel is required to customers and
prospects, valid driver’s license, and insurance required.
- Computer knowledge in lending systems
and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Offsite training and conferences may
- Always promote professionalism.
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit;
use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently
required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to
stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently
lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust