Reports To: Sr. Director of Marketing
Position Summary: The Marketing Intern will promote Lakeside Chautauqua through digital and print channels. This internship requires a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, photography, and social media platforms and trends.
This individual should have experience designing and editing in a range of content formats, making creative decisions, and demonstrating aesthetic and technical skills. The ideal candidate maintains the ability to work in a focused and independent environment; takes direction and critiques with grace; is highly organized, personable and self-motivated; capable of meeting strict deadlines; and possesses excellent communication, time management and leadership skills.
Please note: This internship runs from May – August. This internship also requires flexibility, as the intern is expected to work days, some evenings and weekends, and all summer holidays, including Memorial Day weekend and the Fourth of July.
About Lakeside Chautauqua: Lakeside Chautauqua is a family destination that has pioneered the act of nurturing mind, body and spirit for 150 years. Conveniently located between Toledo and Cleveland on Lake Erie’s south shore, Lakeside offers a robust summer programming season packed with cultural, educational, spiritual and recreational opportunities. Within the one-square-mile community, you’ll find hundreds of unique Victorian cottages, a concert auditorium, arts center, historic waterfront hotel, movie theater, pool, tennis, sailing, shopping, dining and much more. Join our team this year to help Lakeside celebrate its 150th Anniversary. For more information, visit lakesideohio.com/employment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Asssit in creating e-newsletters – collecting and generating content
· Design digital graphics for social media and website, including web banners, slideshows, infographics, ads, etc.
· Design print collateral including signage, brochures, flyers, postcards, and banners
· Assist with updating the Lakeside Chautauqua website as needed
· Assist in developing content for website and social media channels (e.g., Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.), including researching and implementing new strategies and audiences
· Track website and social media analytics weekly
· Assist Photography Intern in photographing special events, working some nights, weekends and all summer holidays
· Distribute the Lakesider newspaper on Fridays
§ Edit and update the policy and procedures manual for the internship position
§ Develop goals related to your internship; present your progress to the Marketing staff
§ Other duties as assigned
· Current college student studying marketing, digital media, graphic design or related field
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walkl, reach with hands and arms, stoop or kneel, talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 40+ pounds.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and minimum of 3 professional references (name, title and phone number) and 3 work samples that show the range of your abilities (infographics, photography, social media posts, communications plan, writing samples, etc.) Only electronic submissions will be accepted, including follow-up. Send materials to email@example.com. In the subject line, indicate the internship position that interests you. If you qualify for more than one position, please indicate in your cover letter and subject line; limit of 2. Applications are accepted until positions are filled. Priority consideration will be given to early applications.
Lakeside Chautauqua is an equal opportunity employer.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.