Is responsible for the efficient and effective management of a full-service branch office, ensuring that established policies and procedures are followed, delegating appropriate day-to-day operations to the Universal Banker in order to be available to make business calls and to represent the Bank at civic and service club functions. Performs any combination of the duties outlined below.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements Q2 Service and Sales programs with creativity and energy such that goals are achieved, and quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that the branch is open and ready to conduct business each business day. Delegates various operational duties to the Universal Banker, but assumes overall administrative responsibility for operating the branch.
- Acts as a coach for the branch in such areas as staff motivation and support of senior management decisions. Also attends and insures staff attendance at various branch and bank meetings. Communicates with senior management as to how the Bank is perceived by employees and customers. Promotes the team spirit of the branch.
- Calls on major existing and prospective clients to develop new business and to retain or expand existing business; represents the Bank in various civic and community functions to further enhance its image and develop additional business.
- Maintains prescribed security controls to protect the Bank against criminal and fraudulent operations and unnecessary risk. Oversees the observance of the Bank's compliance program within the branch.
- Ensures that the branch balances all transactions at the close of each business day.
- Is responsible for the general maintenance of the branch and that the walkways are clear of ice and snow for the safety and security of customers, employees, and branch assets. Ensures that all security procedures are followed strictly.
- Able to discuss credit inquiries with individuals and/or businesses following lending procedures as outlined in loan policy, and possibly extend credit requests.
- Provides support to the Universal Banker to ensure prompt customer service.
- Is available to back-up mortgage application taking when necessary.
- Is responsible for the profitability of the branch. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to: scheduling, reviewing performance and staff development; and conducting regular meetings to keep staff informed and provide opportunities for discussion and problem resolution.
- Provides development support to branch managers by mentoring, sharing knowledge, and providing direction.
- Engage in active leadership or directorial roles within civic and community groups.
- Completes assigned compliance training in a timely manner and demonstrates the ability to apply training to their duties and responsibilities including their supervision of other employees.
- Performs other job-related duties as may be assigned, with the ultimate goal of profitability for the Bank as a whole.
REQUIRED TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
- Five years of progressively more responsible experience within a financial organization to gain the necessary experience and background knowledge to manage a full-service branch and deal effectively with employee and customer relations matters.
- College or equivalent level courses in business, banking or related areas of equivalent job-related experience.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Complete familiarity with the Bank's savings, checking and lending policies and guidelines, as well as specific loan programs, qualifications, procedures and policies to provide full deposit and loan services.
- The interpersonal skills necessary to conduct business development calls to area agencies and deal with potential customers.
- A thorough knowledge of branch operations to coordinate the daily functioning of the branch and to resolve employee and customer problems.