Living Classrooms Foundation strengthens communities and inspires young people to achieve their potential through hands-on education and job training, using urban, natural, and maritime resources as "living classrooms."
The Program Coordinator will be the bridge that connects the workforce development center programming and community safety initiatives programs. The Program Coordinator will supervise Case Managers from the following programs: Workforce Development Center and Community Safety, Assessment and Retention Coordinator and Placement Coordinator. The Program Coordinator along with the directors will be responsible for planning and coordination of program activities. Also, ensuring the implementation of policies and procedures. The candidate will facilitate the effective management of programs according to the organization’s standards, manage communication between both programs, schedule and organize staffing meetings with case managers from both programs, and submit weekly tracking reports to program directors. The Program Coordinator will report to the Workforce Development and Director of Community Safety Initiatives.
- Guides case managers in setting career goals; and creating plans to achieve these goals with each program participant.
- Implement a policy that clearly defines the requirements for a program participant to continue receiving career development support.
- Supervises case managers in preparing participants for an organized job search, including securing ID, understanding background issues, creating current resumes and reference letters, and utilizing time management tools.
- Assists the Assessment and Retention Coordinator and Placement Coordinator with addressing workplace issues with program participants before they lead to separation from employment.
- Coordinates the overall activities of case management staff.
- Ensures that staff maintains daily records to document services provided to members, employers, and other supporting agencies in the Birdseye Case Management System.
- Maintains and improve the data tracking system design.
- Ensures that retention staff tracks all program participants for one year, including individual case notes and employment retention data.
- Manages case managers, assessment and retention coordinator, and placement coordinator including conducting regular performance evaluations, goals, and actions, and file audits
- Along with case managers, interpret grant performance goals into service plan outcomes
- Administers assessments related to program eligibility and identify risk factors that could impact participant success
- Trains and supervises staff
- Facilitates intake of new program participants with the Assessment and Retention Coordinator.
- Prepares data for the program director to submit required funder reports
- Monitors services for quality assurance
General Skills and Duties
- The Program Coordinator must be willing to work as a team to meet LCF's Workforce Development mission, objectives, and yearly goals.
- A commitment to honesty and integrity in performing all duties is required.
· Bachelor's Degree in Social Work (BSW), Psychology, Counseling, Criminal Justice, or a related social/behavioral science field
· Bilingual – a plus
· Ability to work effectively with people of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds, from justice-involved individuals to the general public
· Two-three years of experience in delivering case management services
· Expertise in identifying local labor market data and effectively translating this information to participants
· Knowledge and experience working with the criminal justice system
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
· Computer literacy, including knowledge of basic software applications and familiarity with the Internet, email, social media, and other forms of computer – and phone-based communication
· Driven to attain measurable results
· Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships