*****$500 Sign on Bonus*****
We are looking for resourceful individuals to work at the front desk for the Grande Shores Resort. Front Desk Agents are responsible for greeting and registering the guest, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and settling the guest’s account upon completion of their stay. However, the realm of responsibilities will extend beyond that of a typical front desk agent. This allows the Front Desk Agent to expand their skill sets and work in a fast paced environment with new challenges daily.
Primary responsibilities include: registering guests, making and modifying reservations, hotel operator, and concierge duties. Front Desk Agents must possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests. Front Desk Agents must have the ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and VIP arrivals.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, processing payments and balancing accounts
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.
- Must be aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Attends department meetings.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, Is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Understand that business demands require flexible scheduling.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: Preferred but not required
Special Physical Requirements of the Job/Working Conditions: Stand for long periods of time, use of hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear
Required to work flexible schedule based on the needs of the business
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Good communication skills including verbal and written
- Positive and effective customer skills
Grande Shores Ocean Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Starting Pay: Up to $13.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place