Whittier Trust is the oldest and largest privately owned multi-family office headquartered on the West Coast. Providing exceptional client service and highly customized investment solutions for high net worth individuals and their families to help them reach their long-term goals is our only mission.
Our staff of 170 dedicated professionals work with over 410 clients and their families to deliver a broad array of services including investment management and consulting, fiduciary, philanthropic and family office. Our founding family’s century-long history of energy and real estate investing continue to guide our activities for clients today. Entrusted with $13 billion of private family assets, our teams employ a consulting approach to tailor solutions for complex family situations.
Whittier Trust attracts professionals who want to spend the vast majority of their day in service to our clients. Our organization is flat, nimble and uniquely attuned to the needs and desires of both today’s entrepreneurs as well as legacy family members who may be several generations removed from the wealth creators. Our corporate culture is one of client-focus, collaboration, performance and accountability, family orientation and long term career satisfaction. Employee turnover is very low – evidencing a high level of engagement and career fulfillment.
This position is available in our Newport Beach, CA office.
The position offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, performance bonus, generous sales incentive and stock ownership plans, excellent medical and retirement coverage.
Our Client Advisory Associates support Senior Client Advisor(s) who have client account management and business development responsibilities. They are integral in delivering Whittier’s service platform which encompasses the five pillars of wealth management: investment management, family office services, trust services, philanthropy, and real estate/oil and gas.
- Direct the Trust Operations Department regarding daily account transactions such as wire and cash transfers, ACH disbursements, bill paying, fund redemptions and purchases, and the opening and closing of accounts.
- Monitor transactions for completion and accuracy.
- Coordinate investment transactions with the Investment Department including but not limited to monitoring cash balances on a daily basis for purchases, transferring sales proceeds to money market accounts and following up on client’s requests for purchases, sales or gifting.
- Coordinate the transfer of incoming assets to new or existing accounts, as well as the transfer of outgoing assets for terminating accounts.
- Prepare correspondence, Excel spreadsheets (i.e., miscellaneous reports for client budget worksheets, income projections and gifting schedules), assist with the production of PowerPoint presentations, mass mailings and marketing materials.
- Calculate payments to trust beneficiaries.
- Coordinate tax related payment information with the Tax Department and client-directed outside professionals.
- Provide information to Client Advisors for annual account reviews.
- Organize with Client Advisors to maintain client, beneficiary and advisor information in client files and account records on database management and trust accounting systems.
- Assist with contact management input, sales, expense and other internal reports.
- Perform special projects and additional tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- CTFA or CFP preferred but not essential
The Whittier Trust Company routinely seeks quality individuals that have proven track records of superior client service, attention to detail, commitment and longevity in the workplace. The ability to deliver the five pillars requires individuals to have significant character, intelligence, and aptitude. In addition, Whittier Trust seeks individuals with the following:
- Experience with trust and financial services industry - (5 years minimum preferred but not essential)
- Superior skills and experience with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to manage & prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to exercise independent judgment
- Ability to learn new processes and programs
- Strong people skills with a focus on client service
- Proven track record of stability
- High integrity with a diligent work ethic