WHO WE ARE
MILA was created to prove that doing good for the planet doesn’t have to come with compromise. Through trusted culinary innovation and a focus on internationally inspired flavor, MILA delivers an elevated, yet approachable, plant-based dining experience. Our premium casual restaurant concept was built with comfort, warmth, and a goal of bringing people together over a shared meal.
We are a locally owned, fast-paced fine dining restaurant in the heart Vancouver’s historic Chinatown. We believe that we have a responsibility to impart positive change in our community, the environment, and the world. We achieve that through sourcing sustainable food solutions and crafting innovative offerings to prove that eating vegan isn’t a sacrifice but an experience worth sharing.
WHO YOU ARE
As a MILA Server you are our guest's dining experience curator, providing world-class customer service to leave them delighted with every dish. Utilizing an impeccable product knowledge, great attitude, and the ability to listen and anticipate guests needs you quite literally deliver the experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Opening and closing of the service floor on a daily/nightly basis to MILA’s opening condition standards.
- Delivering world-class customer service to ensure an exceptional dining experience with every guest.
- Check guests in, maintaining strong food and beverage menu knowledge to guide guests through the offerings and accurately take and enter orders.
- Ensure knowledge of guest allergies or food sensitivities and execute responsible liquor service.
- Confirm guests are satisfied with their meals and beverages, taking action to correct any problems.
- Prepare guest bills accurately and collect payment.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment that meets or exceeds all regulatory standards, policies, and practices.
- Cleaning and sanitization practices including tables, chairs, restrooms, and garbage disposal.
- Adhere to all food, beverage, employee, and public safety regulations.
- Develop and sustain positive, professional, and long-lasting relationships with the team, guests, and other restaurant partners.
- Performing necessary prep duties including stocking stations, rolling cutlery, etc.
- Maintaining consistent open lines of communication with the management team.
- Assist food preparation team members and other colleagues when necessary and applicable.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 1+ years prior working or relevant experience working as a server.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work on your feet for 8+ hours.
- Personal alignment with MILA’s vision, values, and team culture is considered an asset.
- Organization and time management skills for managing multiple tables.
- Knowledge of food and beverage health and safety initiatives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and inter-functional team environment.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- 75% off meals up to $20/per shift.
- 20% off meals outside of working hours.
- FSEAP Mental Health resources.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.