Full-time Seasonal Non-exempt position - May 20, 2019 through August 16, 2019
37.50 hrs. ; Wage: $9.50/hour
Summary of Responsibilities:
This position is under the direct supervision of the ACE Supervisor and the ACE Coordinator. As a Summer ACE Worker your primary responsibilities will consist of working closely with the coordinator in facilitating day to day programming and providing instruction/supervision to the youth enrolled in the program.
The ACE Program is a primary dependent and delinquency prevention program for at-risk youth. ACE offers the youth of Tioga County an opportunity to develop self-esteem, values for daily living and a sense of belonging using the ACE Components as a motivational tool.
- Provide direct and safe supervision of program participants.
- Facilitate NYPUM, WEP, and Fairways components for a variety of populations
- Implementing of group oriented activities dealing with program planning, team building, group process, decision making and problem solving.
- In contact with families and youth that have been referred to the program.
- Monitor the contract between youth and the identified individuals by telephone and home visits each week. This includes responsibility for keeping records up to date and contacting participants’ families at least twice a week.
- Monitor the behavioral modification program regarding point cards and the point system,
- Conduct overall program logistics – appropriation of program supplies and equipment, menu planning and food ordering.
- Administer immediate first aid to participants while in the field.
- Understand all ACE program components and demonstrate the ability to work in all components as needed.
- Develop a rapport with outside agencies to promote the use of existing and future programs. This may include contact with the schools, the court system, other human service providers; and/or other community organizations.
- Conduct fundraising events and assist in gift proposals that are related to the ACE program.
- Attend scheduled trainings, staff meetings and staff development sessions.
- Provide transportation for youth to and from the Program and other locations as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor/ Director of the Program.
- Comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible
- Possess sound judgment and reasoning abilities
- Possess oral and written communication skills
- Resourceful and well organized
- Comfortable with team process
- Ability to establish credibility
- Be decisive assertive and persuasive
Minimum Requirements (education, experience, etc.)
- A high school diploma and 12 semester credit hours in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, or other social science and two years’ direct care experience in public or private human services.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with customers, state, county and other elected officials, providers, judges, courts, advocates, staff, consultants and consumers and their families
Required Licenses, Certificates or Knowledge:
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Knowledge of community resources
- Computer skills to include word processing
- Medical and physical screening clearance
- Act 33 and Act 34 clearances
- Social security card
- Immigration and naturalization (I-9) clearance
- Good oral and written communication skills
- FBI Fingerprinting
- Working Conditions:
- 85% Outdoors in varied climates and terrains
- Great deal of physical activity – ability to ride a minibike, participate in high and low ropes course activities, lift 50 pounds.
- Provide transportation to Program Youth on a regular basis
- Occasional travel throughout Tioga County to providers and other human service agencies as well as occasional travel to statewide meetings.
Safety Hazards of the Job:
- This position will be riding minibikes, instructing others how to ride mini-bikes, work on a high and low ropes course, swing a golf club, canoe, backpack, etc.
SAM, Inc. Tioga County is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled