Temporary School Nurse
Akiba Yavneh Academy in Dallas, TX (AYA), is looking for a temporary school nurse to work Thursdays 7:45am - 3:45pm until the end of the school year. The school nurse provides health and wellness services to meet the needs of all students and staff on campus.
- Provides medical care and services to students according to physician prescribed medical care and treatment orders.
- Creates, updates, and maintains documentation of all treatment and medical services activity in Blackbaud.
- Provides as needed medical care and services for students, faculty and staff.
- Follows confidentiality and privacy rules and regulations.
- Confers with students, parents and faculty/staff regarding medical treatment.
- Administer daily and PRN (as needed) medications and nursing care procedures as prescribed by the student’s physician.
- Monitors, provides assistance, and administers insulin to diabetics as required. Provides other treatment as necessary.
- Responds to emergency medical situations; performs first aid and/or coordinates with local emergency personnel and agencies as required.
- Communicates with faculty and parents regarding student health status
- Collaborates with the Head of School and Director of Administration in all aspects and functions of the school clinic.
- Maintains, and restocks clinic supplies as needed.
- Must meet the physical and mental requirements of the position
- All duties will be performed in accordance with the school’s policies and procedures, and state law regarding nurse practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or graduation from an accredited nursing program
- Current RN or LVN licensure in State of Texas
- Current First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation program completion
- Experience in pediatric nursing and/or experience as a school nurse preferred
- Computer literacy and competency in use of existing technology required
$160 per day
Thursday 7:45am - 3:45pm
AYA believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. AYA's equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, selection, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, training, discipline, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment. All Employees are responsible for complying with AYA's equal employment opportunity policy.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.