Do great work. Make a difference. Have fun. Earn a fair profit. That’s
Zehnder’s mission, and we’re inviting you to join us. We are seeking candidates
for a seasoned Public
Relations Manager in our New Orleans office. Think you’ve got what
it takes? Read the details below and let us know why you’re the best person for
Zehnder is one of the largest full-service advertising agencies in
the Southeast providing a wide range of services, including strategic marketing, public relations,
media placement, creative, social media, interactive design and programming.
With offices in New Orleans, Baton Rouge and Nashville, we’ve served clients in
major markets throughout the country for more than 20 years. Our agency is comprised of seven departments, and we
integrate each team’s diverse skillsets to create amazing, multifaceted
campaigns for our clients.
The PR Manager is
expected to be a customer-centric, creative problem solver, with experience in
developing and executing traditional and non-traditional PR strategies. This
person is responsible for building
and managing relationships with clients in a manner that achieves each client’s
public relations objectives. The PR Manager should have a dynamic personality and possess the
ability to lead a room during client presentations. This position includes
supervising other PR team members on
assigned accounts in their efforts to serve clients in a responsive, efficient and
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as day-to-day client point of
contact for strategic PR counsel and PR services on assigned accounts.
- Manage strategic planning for clients,
which includes development of annual strategic plans, ongoing tactical
execution of strategies and the ability to adapt strategies and tactics as
- Develop and maintain expertise in assigned
client industry sectors to stay abreast of trends, opportunities and
- Supervise other PR team members on
assigned accounts, including delegating tasks, providing quality
assurance, ensuring alignment with client goals and lending strategic
- Identify and provide solutions to client
challenges as they arise in a proactive, timely manner.
- Oversee, guide and assist with execution of
media relations for clients, including key messaging, press releases/media
advisories, story pitches, media kits and lists, interview coordination, media
relationships and other earned media tactics.
- Collaborate with other departments,
particularly social media, on integrated communications plans and participate
in multi-department brainstorm sessions.
- Oversee, guide and assist with execution of
digital-related PR services, including blog content, social media messaging,
branded/sponsored content collaborations and influencer marketing and
- Lead and assist with strategic planning and
execution of special events, along with on-site media management and/or social
- Develop crisis communications plans for clients
and provide strategic crisis management counsel as needed.
- Monitor traditional and social media daily
and oversee ongoing, accurate tracking of earned/social media results for
- Supervise and assist with client-specific
- Assist with development and tracking of
client budgets to ensure profitable and mutually beneficial client/agency
relationships, and coordination with accounting team on billing procedures
- Participate in the agency’s new business
efforts as needed.
- Develop, lead and/or participate in
presentations to clients and/or prospects.
- Develop intimate knowledge of PR
department software tools and capabilities, including Cision, TVEyes and
- Participate in planning
and execution of PR-related efforts for the agency itself as needed.
Performance Standards & Skills
- Client satisfaction ratings are high. No misunderstandings or
problems exist between agency and client.
- Time sheets are completed daily.
- Work is on target, on time and within budget.
- Displays positive attitude, patience and flexibility in the
- Demonstrates the ability to learn new methods and business tools
used by the agency.
- Works well with team members and displays courtesy and kindness in
- Written work is grammatically correct and free of errors.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage time, prioritize projects and
follow-up with supervisor and client on status of projects.
- Responsive and prompt in providing updates and feedback.
- Detail-oriented, organized and professional.
degree in PR or Marketing/Communications or related field from a four-year college or university required.
- Minimum of five years of related work experience and/or training
or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
written and verbal communication skills.
function in a fast-paced environment: multi-task; organized; dedicated;
computer skills (Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook);
experience using Mac/Apple software and/or Adobe programs (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Advertising/PR agency experience
- Comments: Job requires invention, imagination, originality and
talent, and contribution of unique interpretation and analysis.
Sound good to you? Let us know why you’re fit for the job by
applying with a resume at: https://easyapply.co/a/eac9357e-f5c6-4b5d-957b-11780f58fb99
*And now for the fine
print: Writing samples will be requested prior to interviews. No phone
calls. Local candidates or candidates willing to relocate themselves if not currently residing in
the New Orleans, Baton Rouge or Nashville area only,
please. All submissions are confidential. We are an EOE.
Zehnder Communications is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled