Cook- Seasonal Full Time
Cook- Seasonal Full Time
Reports to: Executive Chef
***This position will be from November/December 2022 through February 2023***
Job Summary: Responsible for providing a pleasurable dining experience for members and guests by preparing high quality food.
Job Responsibilities and Standards:
The following description of job responsibilities and standards are intended to reflect the essential functions of the position. This outline does not detail every aspect of the position and there may be other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
• Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
• Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
• Cook food in various utensils or grillers
• Check food while cooking to stir or turn
• Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
• Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
• Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
• Check quality of ingredients
• Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
• Proven experience as cook
• Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
• Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
• Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
• Ability to work in a team environment
• High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
Customer Service Responsibility:
• Ensures that the club's customer service standards are maintained at an exceptional level.
• Presents self in a professional manner including appearance, identification, and general communication and conduct at all times.
• Makes a positive contribution to the work environment through presentation of positive attitude, demonstration of cooperation and teamwork, and constructive approach to daily events.
• Listens effectively, responds to guests’ requests in a friendly “can do” manner.
• Attendance: Adheres to established schedule of work hours. Follows established procedures for early notification to supervisor when unable to report to work. Call a manager at least 2 hours prior if you are unable to report to work.
o Punctuality: Arrives to work at scheduled times and works until authorized to leave.
• Attends all mandatory education/in-service programs and demonstrates understanding of responsibilities through appropriate actions.
• Demonstrates effective communication by utilizing positive verbal and non-verbal skills in all interactions.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule and extra hours when needed.
• Demonstrates adherence to the club's safe practice procedures and makes recommendations to improve safety. Reports any unsafe work practice to supervisor.
• Consistently utilizes proper body mechanics in performance of responsibilities, as evidenced by supervisor’s observation and no injury to self or others due to improper work habits.
• Follows proper reporting procedures when injured at work. Is aware of the location of material safety data sheets and refers to them when necessary.
Physical and Mental Requirements of the Job:
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to stand on your feet for extended periods of time
• Able to work under pressure
• Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds
• Assist with any special project as assigned by management.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.