- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Must be able to work a flexible shift including weekends and holidays.
- Post-offer, pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required
To be an essential part of the guest experience by warmly greeting guests upon arrival and throughout their stay. Courteously accepting incoming calls regarding complaints, concerns, questions, or compliments throughout the entire stay of guests and follow up to completion and satisfaction of our guests. Our basic aim is to exceed guests expectations and assure their return to Sea Mist Resort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Wear a skid-resistant work shoe with good support
- Be committed to providing guest satisfaction through effective quality guest service techniques.
- Show proficient use of our computer programs and dispatch tools; courteously dispatch and follow up as per standard operating procedures.
- Use proper telephone etiquette at all times as per policy.
- Handle multiple phone calls, obtain accurate information, and ensure attention to detail for every call.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all Sea Mist Resort buildings, room numbers, and amenities as well as area attractions and their locations.
- Prioritize guest calls and personal requests following up to completion.
- Enter all calls on Daily Guest Service call log
- Contact arriving guest personally or with a “phone welcome” message, logging calls in F6 notes as per standard operating procedures.
- Greet every guest who enters the Driftwood Lobby.
- Issue keys as needed for replacement following standard operating procedures. Have keys & Parking pass ready for owners scheduled to arrive. Check-in Owners.
- Handle guest compliments, complaints and comments efficiently within given parameters.
- Check out guests with no remaining balance, print receipt, inquire about satisfaction with their service, and invite them to return in the near future.
- Post requested guest charges to guest’s account, ie – crib or rollaway.
- Answer and route incoming calls and follow up if appropriate; receive messages and forward messages to hotel guests and employees.
- Assist in-house calls with instructions for dialing, respond to message light, and set up voice mail wake-up calls.
- Operate radio dispatch and communications link among all employees with courtesy and efficiency.
- Deliver housekeeping supplies, keys, etc., to rooms when requested by the guest.
- Greet all guests when walking on the property, assist any guest who may seem confused or need help with luggage carts, directions, parking, etc.
- Always present a clean, well-groomed appearance.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long periods. They must also use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk or climb stairs.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The clerk must sit or stand for extended periods of time and be able to see, hear, and think quickly.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.