Reservations Agent (ref 1031)
Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R. Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
If you are looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities to showcase your talent and join a team that brings out the best in each other, then we want to hear from you! Our beautiful lakeside property offers a wide range of exciting career opportunities. We offer competitive earnings potential, employee discounts on water sport rentals, discounted food & beverage at all our Argus Properties Ltd owned Restaurants and Hotels, fun social events, and great colleagues!
The Reservations Agent is the guest's first line of communication with the Resort through phone and internet communication. This position delivers prompt and professional service and helps to maintain the smooth flow of front desk services and daily operations according to the standards of Eldorado Resort.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses proper telephone etiquette answering guest questions about rates, accomodation options, location and booking channels
- Replies to al guest emails and inquiries on a daily basis in a professional and timley manner
- Thorough review of all upcoming reservations for accuracy and room assignment
- Assist Front Desk with answering phones, handling check-ins and check-outs and all other daily procedures as directed
- Informs guests of all Resort policies, procedures, services and offerings and manages all necessary deposits
- Has knowledge of selling status, rates and benefits of all Resort package plans
- Processes cancellations, modifications, and no-shows promptyl and relays pertinent information to the appropriate department
- Works closely with Sales & Marketing to assist with setup of all group block accounts and rooming lists
- Assists with coordinating preventative maintenance schedule in conjunction with Front Desk, Housekeeping and Maintenance departments
- Answers questions about Resort events, activities and services as well as community events and attractions
- Consistently maintains hig standards of quality and excellent customer service and anticipates guest needs and expectations
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience in Hotel Reservations or Front Desk required
- Certificate or diploma in Tourism/Hospitality or similar is an asset
- Knowledge of OPERA property management system is an asset
- Proficient use of Microsft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook) is required
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills with strong command of the English language
- Secondary language(s) are considered an asset
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Competent level of computer proficiency
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The resort is unable to assist those without a visa.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position