Join our swim family and help build confident swimmers, one splash at a time!
DSH is a leader in the aquatic industry through our experienced and personalized teaching styles that engages children and adults in the aquatic setting. At DSH we specialize in making sure safety, comfort and personal touch is given to each and everyone whom comes to our facilities. DSH – Is a home and a welcoming place for everyone.
Davina’s Swim House is seeking energetic, motivated, self-starting Lifesaving Instructor to teach Bronze Medallion & Bronze Cross courses within our growing swim school.
- Plan and teach high quality and interactive bronze courses for all participants
- Prepare instructional materials that meet a variety of learners needs
- Evaluate candidates according to Lifesaving Society program must-see’s on an on-going basis and provide verbal and written feedback throughout the course and during final evaluation
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (i.e. attendance, record progress, course documentation and test sheets)
- Report all concerns regarding the facility or candidate progress and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up
- Maintain complete vigilance while on duty and ensure all safety and life guarding procedures are adhered to and, in the event of an emergency, respond as trained by the Association
- Enforce all rules and regulations and maintain order as a proactive approach to ensuring safety and accident prevention
- Set up and take down lane ropes and other equipment as required checking that equipment is safe and in good repair. Report immediately all malfunctions and remove the damaged equipment from circulation
- Performs required maintenance duties, including but not restricted to: opening/closing the facility, change room/washroom checks, cleaning and disinfecting, pool chemistry tests, vacuuming, balancing of pool and pool fouling clean up.
- Previous experience teaching Bronze courses
- Current LSS Lifesaving Instructor Award
- Current LSS Bronze Examiner (considered an asset)
- Current National Lifeguard Award
- Current Standard First Aid Award
- Child and Youth Focused: Commits to assisting the personal growth and development of children and youth.
- Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner to support information sharing.
- Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
- Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help achieve desired result
- Relationship Building and Collaboration: Builds positive interactions, both internally and externally, to build enthusiasm and appreciation to achieve work related goals.
- In addition to the above competencies the Association Core Competencies are required, Commitment to Organization Vision and Values,
- Diversity, Integrity, Teamwork
- Lifesaving Instructor only- $25.00 per hour
- Lifesaving Instructor & Bronze Examiner- $27.00 per hour
All interested candidates are invited to submit their resume
For more information on Davina’s Swim House, please visit our website at www.davinasswimhouse.com.