Responsible for the overall operations of the kitchens and personnel to ensure guest satisfaction and consistent compliance with all departmental goals, standards and procedures as well as all company, health, safety, and all other applicable regulatory standards and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Oversee the operation of all kitchens to ensure compliance with departmental goals, standards, and procedures as well as all applicable company, health, safety, and regulatory standards and requirements.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of all Room Chefs and Assistant Chefs.
- Manage staffing levels congruent with departmental and business needs.
- Review and analyze financial reports and apply findings in a practical manner to improve the overall operations.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Director in establishing budget goals and objectives, monitoring financial status and performance of the department, menu and recipe creation, and food and plate cost percentages.
- Promote and ensure positive guest relations at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
Certification of culinary training or apprenticeship.
- Two (2) years of experience in a similar position.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of food products, recipes, and preparation and presentation styles.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary licenses and/or certifications
Valley Forge Casino Resort is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled