*You must complete the application and answer all questions to be considered for this position*
*This position is for an immediate proposal submission and is contingent upon an award of the contract*
Position Description / Summary of Duties: The Forensic Collection Team Lead is a member of a two person team responsible for traveling to and collecting data on battle damaged armored vehicles at US maintenance and sustainment facilities in deployed areas of operations in Afghanistan. Data collection is in support of the Anti-Armor Analysis Program (AAAP), Combat Incident Analysis Division (CIAD), National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC), Charlottesville, VA. In addition to basic forensic collection responsibilities, this position serves as the in-country lead supervising all AAAP contractor personnel in Afghanistan.
*Photographing the battle damage on the vehicles, using prescribed battlefield vehicle forensics methodology;
*Taking and documenting accurate measurements of the impact points and significant damage locations;
*Inspecting for, retrieving and documenting weapons fragments, parts or residue;
*Coordinating/interfacing with unit-level and higher echelon maintenance personnel to gain access to battle damaged vehicles and maintenance paperwork/documentation
*Coordinating/interfacing with Program Manager and contractor maintenance personnel at sustainment echelons to gain access to battle damaged vehicles and maintenance paperwork
*Compiles and submits data collected to include photographs and artifacts to the AAAP, in accordance with standard operating procedures and ensuring security handling
*Must be capable of operating independently
* Must be capable of operating in an austere, hazardous environment with limited access to routine medical care. Must maintain necessary medical and health standards as specified by US military guidance for deployed contractors.
* Must be capable of physically-demanding work, including climbing on, in or under large vehicles and lifting heavy objects up to 40 lbs.
* As in-country lead, provide direct supervision of other deployed contractor personnel stationed in Afghanistan. Advise AAAP/CIAD leadership, particularly the Deployment Support Manager, on conditions and issues in theater.
* Assist in developing standards and technical procedures for all OCONUS forensic collectors. Ensure these are implemented.
* Support battlefield vehicle forensics-related training and other missions in CONUS and/or other OCONUS locations as required. Develop programs of instruction (POI) and other training materials in order to capture and perpetuate battlefield vehicle forensics-related expertise.
Previous military experience, including deployment(s) to combat zone is strongly desired. Must have knowledge of and experience with a wide range of US military vehicles and maintenance procedures.
Education Required: Associates degree or higher.
Clearance Required: SECRET
Data Solutions & Technology Incorporated (DST) is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled