The Restaurant Bartender is responsible for selling and serving guests at our bar and fulfilling drink orders for the dining room, monitoring the cash drawer at the bar and performing alcohol inventories at the end of each day to help in maintaining proper inventory levels.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks for guests of bar and dining room following standard recipes.
- Ring drink orders into computer immediately, collect money from guests for drink served and make change.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display in agreement with ICONA’s standards.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Ability to use Aloha POS system to ring orders on a check.
- Ability to accept different types of payment and make changes.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times. Make guests feel appreciated through bartender’s actions.
- Monitor and ensure that no guest receives more than the allowed number of specific drinks.
- Ability to clear and reset tables.
- Check identification of guests to ensure guests are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age.
- If consuming alcoholic beverages, observe guest’s behavior, count number of drinks served, and if the server feels they should not drive, offer a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask a manager to intervene.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Time Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates behind the bar and may be working in close proximity to team members. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping and tripping.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 75 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Over 3/4th of the time
- Walk- Over 3/4th of the time
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.-75 lbs.- Over 1/3rd of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty plus hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be of legal age according to state regulations to serve alcohol.
- Prior bartending experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
- ServSafe certified.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.