Director of Food and Beverage
The Executive Chef is responsible for all culinary activities for the multiple food and beverage outlets. This position will oversee all activity in the kitchen, train personnel, plan menus, oversee product purchasing and manage culinary budget.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Make periodic and regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee appearance.
- Coordinate all training activities for kitchen, butcher shop, and other production and service employees, including the identification and analysis of training needs and the design and implementation of programs to address these deficiencies.
- Develop recipes and portion specifications in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional needs, product specifications, ease of preparation, and established procedures and budgetary constraints; participate in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing and menu development.
- Assist operation managers as requested in areas such as plate presentation, special function menu planning and the design of new service areas.
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress and adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Presentation Skills.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This position operates in a commercial kitchen setting. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. There are many kitchen hazards such as hot surfaces and liquids, sharp knives, and slippery floors. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is required to stand for long periods as well as walk, bend, stretch, and stoop. The position requires working taste buds, ability to smell, feel with fingers and visually inspect, including close and distance vision. The position requires ability to use arms, hands and manipulate fingers to reach, stir, measure, pour, cut, chop, dice, decorate, etc. Must be able to lift 50-75 lbs.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Over 3/4th of the time
- Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 75 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with major concentration in culinary, hospitality management or related field.
- Four years of progressive experience in high-volume food production or catering, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Automated food inventory management system experience, Market Man preferred.
- Aloha POS and Hot Schedules software experience preferred.
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.