Database Administrator - Fund Development (Full-Time Temporary for 2-3 months) Salary: $68K per year
Each job within the First United Church Community Ministry Society should promote our accomplishment of our vision, mission, and values.
• Manages all giving platforms - online, telephone, mail, third party, and in-kind, including automatic credit card and direct deposit options
• Maintain security, passwords, preferences, user profiles
• Manages regulatory and protocol changes as required by government, vendors and internal systems compliance.
• Creates and implement systems for data and donation management as required
DEVELOPS AND MAINTAINS THE DONOR DATABASE
Oversees and implements:
• The accurate and complete entry and updating of all donor contact information.
• The development of queries and reports to meet planning and evaluation needs.
• Monthly, quarterly and yearly audits of data to ensure integrity.
• Maintenance of donor correspondence templates
• Best practice policy and procedures for gift and donor coding structures
• Develops donor preference options and gift processing service standards and supports donors with their giving needs
WORKS WITH THE FUND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
• Plans and evaluates the gift processing function as part of the activities of the Fund Development team.
• Train and supervise a team of volunteers to aid with Raiser’s Edge data entry, donor stewardship activities and other necessary office tasks
• Develop documentation of activities and responsibilities, including those of volunteers helping with Donor Services activities
• Assist where necessary with developing data-management tools and procedures in other departments.
· Confident, assertive communicator and decisive.
· Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills are a must in this busy role.
· Sense of humour - able to build harmonious working relationships with employees, service providers and be confident in coordinating and liaising with various governmental organizations.
· Exercises good judgment and knows how to be discreet and confidential.
· Post-secondary education in systems and data base management.
· At least two years’ experience in charitable sector fundraising information management with knowledge of the Canadian charitable giving regulatory environment.
· Microsoft Office Professional (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience using Raiser’s Edge database software.
· Good command of written and verbal English.
· Ability to effectively interact with a variety of staff and members of the public in a diplomatic, professional and result-oriented manner.
· Excellent organizational skills
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The incumbent works fairly independently but consults with leadership and other team members to develop fundraising reporting and gift processing policies and protocols that meet the needs of the organization.
Regular communication is maintained with all levels of staff and management. Communication is also maintained with management and co-workers as work is assigned and completed, and information exchanged on an ongoing basis.
· Donor relation coordinator: seek input or to exchange information about all incoming revenue
· First United Staff: to exchange information, advise or receive instruction on specific tasks (i.e. setting up meetings, telephone calls) and to communicate on a daily basis.
· General public: regular communication, to answer general inquires, emails, etc.
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Job Classification: First United Exempt Wage Grid 6
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position