Assistant General Manager - Gahan House Hub City
At Murphy Hospitality Group, we pride ourselves on an exceptionally high standard of quality service and products. It takes the best people to reach this higher standard of excellence. We believe in extensive training and providing our people with an excellent benefits program, competitive wages, advancement and professional development opportunities. At MHG, it’s all about the people!
Gahan House Hub City
At the Gahan House, we believe in great beer, great food, and providing the highest level of service through our genuine hospitality. We aim to elevate the brew-pub experience for every guest by using fresh local ingredients in both our handcrafted beers and delicious food. The 'Gahan Experience' is a memorable one and that's because of our people, beer and food.
The Assistant General Manager will work under the direction of the General Manager and with the front of house management team taking an active role in all aspects of restaurant operations. Including, staffing, scheduling, cost controls, staff training, and administration. The Assistant Manager will be responsible for overseeing team members and taking an active role during daily service, consistently providing quality service to our guests.
As Assistant General Manager, You Will
- Demonstrate and communicate the Gahan vision to all team members and lead by example
- Ensuring team members provide a memorable guest experience through coaching and fostering a positive working culture by reinforcing the MHG values daily, exciting team members with their positive nature
- Work with the General Manager and management team to meet all projected goals when it comes to restaurant operations and the vision of MHG including marketing, human resources, financials, and cost controls
- Encourage a culture that revolves around memorable guest experiences, craft beer and quality food
- Train and develop team members in various positions within the front of house
- Guest and team member management through conflict resolution and problem-solving
- Work for maximum efficiency and continual improvement of staff productivity
- Perform all front of house duties as needed, including hosting, bartending serving and expediting
- Build and maintain authentic relationships with guests and team members
Who You Are
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, juggling different priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Passion for creating memorable guest experiences
- A goal-oriented individual with a desire for personal and professional development within the hospitality industry
What You Bring
- 2 year’s experience working in a full-service high-volume restaurant
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in business or hospitality is an asset
- 1+ years’ experience in front of house restaurant management considered a strong asset
What We Offer
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Employee Family Assistance Programs
- Comprehensive Health, Vision and Dental Benefits
- MHG Wellness & Fitness programs
- Discounts from local shops and MHG locations
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position