Do you have a passion to work with a team of people committed to end homelessness and reduce poverty in the areas they serve? Join the Fund Development Team! The Mustard Seed is seeking a Salesforce Developer to work closely with the administrator, the management, and users to design and develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform.
The process involve meeting with stakeholders to analyze project objectives, designing of custom solutions, coding and creation of new salesforce applications, creating workflows and triggers, deployment of custom solutions, testing and troubleshooting, and engaging users across the organization to assist them in learning the platform and position them for long term success.
Position Type: Fixed Term – 6 months to 1 year.
Reporting to: Senior Manager of Stewardship & Donor Retention
Location: Downtown Calgary, AB this position requires you to be onsite
Option to be an Independent Contractor or Consultant is available.
- Work with members of the development team and management to analyze business requirements and user requests and translate these into custom solutions on the Salesforce platform.
- Be a critical part of the development process including requirements gathering, design, implementation, and testing of custom solutions.
- Review current salesforce processes, interface, automations and identify and suggest areas of potential future development activities.
- Assist organization team members in learning the Salesforce system, sharing relevant knowledge, and positioning users for long term success across the organization.
- Continuously update and enhance knowledge of current technologies and salesforce custom apps, processes, and other salesforce related tools.
- Assist in the full documentation of our current Salesforce architecture and setup.
- Performance tuning of our database system.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Optimize automation for repeating database tasks.
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
SALESFORCE DEVELOPER QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and work with a team and Database Administrator.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or other relevant software development focused degree
- Extensive experience with Object Oriented Programming languages and relational databases
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) is an asset
- Maybe required to work onsite occasional and meet with stakeholders at various locations within The Mustard Seed.
- The successful candidate would be considered an independent contractor
- An Employment Background Check is required for all positions at The Mustard Seed
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect is used solely for consideration for employment.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Mustard Seed reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls please.
- Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.