The Lifeguard is responsible for ensuring safety for swimmers in the beach area and administer first aid or lifesaving techniques when needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Patrols beach area to monitor activities of swimmers and prevent illegal conduct.
- Observes activities in assigned area on foot, in vehicle, or from tower or headquarters building with binoculars to detect hazardous conditions, such as swimmers in distress, disturbances, or safety infractions.
- Cautions people against use of unsafe beach areas or illegal conduct, such as drinking or fighting, using megaphone.
- Rescues distressed persons from ocean using rescue techniques and equipment.
- Examines injured individuals, administers first aid, and monitors vital signs, utilizing training, antiseptics, bandages and instruments, such as stethoscope and sphygmomanometer.
- Administers first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and uses automated external defibrillator AED when needed.
- Contacts emergency medical personnel when a serious injury occurs.
- Compiles emergency and medical treatment report forms and maintains daily information on weather and beach conditions.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Observational Skills.
- Problem-solving Skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This position operates outdoors on the beach in a hotel setting. This role requires good physical resilience and ability to work at a high pace while standing and sitting throughout the day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. This position requires employee to work outside in all inclement conditions. The position may require lifting of products weighing up to 75 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIROMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 75 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Completion of lifeguard training
- First Aid, AED and CPR certification.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.