Frontier Technologies is
currently seeking applications for Telecommunications Installation and Repair Technician to join our team in HRM, Nova Scotia.
*** Hiring Bonus ***
* Experienced Field Technicians (with Valid Tech ID) will receive
a $5000 hiring bonus, paid over a 6 month period.
**New Hire technicians will receive a $2000 hiring bonus, paid
over a 4 month period.
Do you have experience with home electronics? Are you familiar with setting up routers, Wifi and programming remotes? Do you have a background in customer service that you're proud to talk about?
As a member of our field team you will be responsible for
providing outstanding customer service and technical expertise through the
installation telephone, internet and cable services (including the related
products) in customer locations. Additionally, you may be tasked with troubleshooting
faults from the pole to the customer premises which may impair the operations
of the services in which we install. You will also naturally be committed
to safety and working in a safe work environment by demonstrating safe work
Daily Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Installation of interior/exterior outlets and lines as well as
installation of telephone, internet and cable services/equipment at the customer location
while providing exceptional customer service.
- Working at heights with ladders (30+ feet).
- Kneeling, crouching, bending and overhead work to get assigned
- Heavy lifting (60+ pounds).
- Use of specialized tools.
- Maintaining stock reequipments in vehicles for successful
completion of all types of jobs.
- Completion of daily safety checks and assessments.
- Maintaining assigned vehicles and tools in a satisfactory manner.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Satisfactory Criminal Background check.
- Valid provincial driver’s license coupled with a satisfactory driving abstract.
- Full vaccination against Covid-19.
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent.
- Graduation from a recognized Electronics Program is considered an
- Relevant industry installation and repair experience is considered
- Ability to work rotating shifts, including evenings (up to 8pm-ish) and weekends,
holidays and emergency situations.
- Ability to travel to other areas of the region when
required (not frequent, scheduled prior).
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong work ethic.
- Team-oriented individual.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Working at heights and with ladders.
- Excellent people skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of telecommunication infrastructures
and voice and data communications equipment considered an asset.
- Ability to follow established policies & procedures with a strong
attention to detail.
- A commitment to continued learning and skills development.
- Preference for ‘hands on’ work.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to consistently meet
and achieve outlined metrics.
What can the Kerr Group offer?
- This position is part of our "piece pay" compensation structure once training has been completed. Technicians can earn equivalent up to $27/hr not including bonus. Piece pay offers unlimited earning potential to productive technicians!
- Paid vacation
- Paid training
- Group RRSP matching
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (50% employer paid)
- Company use vehicle and cell phone.
- All required tools and equipment provided by company.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about what they do, who
believe in our core values and want to go above and beyond for our customers
every day. If you have a strong work ethic, rise to the challenge, and
are motivated by a job well done, we want to hear from you!
We thank you for
your interest in Kerr Group of Companies. All qualified applicants will be
considered, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Frontier Technologies is one of Canada’s largest Telecommunications
Support and Workforce Optimization organizations. Since 1997 we have
grown to almost 150 employees located in ten offices across the country. We are
proud of our reputation for the highest level of service for our valued
customers and the best work environment for our exceptional employees. As
we continue to grow, our goal is to stay connected to our values and committed
to the same standard of excellence that got us where we are today. Kerr Group
operating companies are Frontier Technologies and Northern Business