We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Our mission is to build inclusive, sustainable communities by bringing people together through innovation in sport, entertainment, and development.
The Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre in Victoria is a busy entertainment facility that hosts a WHL hockey team (The Victoria Royals), minor hockey, community hockey, and numerous professional concerts, shows and exhibitions throughout the year. With the area at full capacity we are currently looking for part-time Suites Cooks to join our team! This role will be responsible for having strong knowledge of our menu items and providing patrons with a positive food & beverage experience.
Have we got your attention yet? Good! Now let’s get into the details:
Day in the Life:
- Ensure requested food items are produced accurately and according to industry standards
- Know and abide by our service guidelines and expectations (meet and exceed service expectations)
- Have knowledge of entire menu items including taste, presentation, and preparation time
- Have knowledge and understanding of all food and service procedures
- Thoroughly understand food safety and cleaning guidelines.
- Have proper knowledge of the use and operation of all departmental controls
- Ensure all work areas are clean and ensure all items are being stocked
- Use the FIFO guideline at all times. (First in first out)
- Ensure quality of product before presenting to guests
- Promote teamwork by looking for ways to assist fellow employees
- Other ad-hoc duties as requested by the F&B Manager/Executive Chef
- Must have valid Food Safe Certification
- Minimum 1-year cooking experience
- Excellent verbal communication & customer service skills
- A friendly and professional manner/
- 2-4 shifts/week and weekend availability is a must.
Perks, Benefits, & Other Cool Stuff:
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employee Discount Programs
- Front-of-the-Line Access to shows and concert tickets
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- New Hire referral bonuses
- GSL Scholarship Program
More About Us:
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities). Our mission is to build inclusive, sustainable communities by bringing people together through innovation in sport, entertainment, and development.
Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position