Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager
The Swing Manager is responsible for overseeing AM and PM team as well as assist in banquet events and ensuring safety regulations are respected, maintaining supplies, storing beverages in good condition, and solving customer complaints as well as leading the food and beverage service staff. Responsible for ensuring the highest level of service by overseeing service staff during operating hours, while working in a clean and safe environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Supervises AM team on AM supervisors days off to ensure AM service’s needs are being met
· Supervises PM service’s needs are being met and following AH standards
· Supervises the Lounge and acknowledges, greets and thanks all guests.
· Supervises Lounge to ensure proper room preparation, including set-up of tables, chairs, linens, table settings, glassware, etc.
· Confirms that all service staff are in proper uniform and adhere to the AH appearance standards and records in pass-on email
· Works with staff to complete task in an effective and efficient manner and ensures all checklists are filled out properly.
· Sends daily pass on emails ensuring all shift information is passed on
· Attend weekly Food and Beverage meetings and relay any pertinent information that may help improve business, work relations, or training
· Ensures new hire training follows the New Hire Checklist and is completed in proper manor
· Ensure proper mixing, serving, and presentation of alcoholic and non- alcoholic drinks
· Learn specifics of wine and beer on the list to help train
· Maintain quality control by seeking new ways to improve customer service without compromising superiority.
· Communicate with service and kitchen staff regarding reservations and/or special events
· Organize and conduct pre-shift and relay pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes
· Follow VIP texting program
· Check staff clock in and outs in M3 daily
· Create bi-weekly am staff schedule and turn into Manager
· Order alcohol products weekly and enter invoices after they have been reviewed
· Assists stickering and putting away alcohol when it is received
· Responsible for doing period inventory of Alcohol
· Attend weekly one on ones with Manager with relay information needed for improvement
· Assist and ensure banquets are setup properly and neatly according to BEO’s and Map Layouts. Help with ensuring banquets are setup properly and build and maintain relationships with clients
· Responsible for reviewing any voids, discounts, and gratuities added to server/bartender checks
· Help control labor costs by sending staff home when business occupancy levels depict.
· Maintains guest satisfaction by handling inquiries, concerns or comments and providing solutions; acquiring feedback from guests and co-works in order to ensure satisfaction and pass on to the Food and Beverage Manager to help develop new concepts to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
· Primary duty is supervising the Lounge and ensuring quality control, however will be required to fill in as a Server, Host, Wait Assistant, Bartender, etc. to relieve/back-up staff during peak periods or when short staffed
· Attends weekly meeting with Manager to go over weekly events and weekly training focus
· Maintains knowledge of industry trends
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add, or delete the functions of this position at any time.
AVERILL HOSPITALITY is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled