LPN Charge Nurse at Western Hills Retirement Village
Full-Time, Part-Time, or PRN 7a-7p or 7p-7aA family-owned and operated organization, Western Hills Nursing and Rehab has been faithfully serving Cincinnati’s west side community for 30 years. Located in the heart of Delhi Hills.
Our Team Members are eligible for the following benefits:
- 3 different health insurance plans of which include access to 4 local Marathon Health clinics. These are FREE private primary care clinics and they can provide over 200 common prescription medications for free!
- Daily Pay!
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short or long-term disability insurance
- All insurances start at 30 days!
- 401k with a company match at hire!
- Free meal on each shift
The Staff Nurse is responsible for providing total quality care to all residents in a professional and timely manner while meeting quality nursing practice standards and the standards of state and federal regulatory agencies.
Communications: The staff nurse is responsible for communicating in a positive manner with residents, their families, visitors, medical staff , and other staff members.
- Responsible for maintaining efficient and effective written and verbal communications with the supervisor, medical staff and other professionals.
Policies and Procedures:
- Responsible for following facility policies and procedures.
- The staff nurse is responsible for transcribing physicians phone, verbal and FAX orders. Responsible for accurately completing documentation and preparing reports as required by the facility and state and federal regulations.
Restorative Care and Rehabilitation:
- The Staff Nurse is responsible for utilizing of nursing standards to provide and ensure quality resident care and to maintain or restore all residents to their optimal level of independence.
- Responsible for ensuring nursing staff follows procedures , maintains residents rights, working as a team to provide quality care. Responsible for educating, evaluating and counseling staff members as needed.
- The Staff Nurse is responsible for observing and clinically assessing each resident, providing appropriate care in a timely manner, and delivery of follow up care as ordered by the resident’s physician and/or per facility procedures. Responsible for administration and monitoring of medication, and assisting physician with examination and other procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining resident rights for privacy, treatment, schedules, property, civil rights and all other rights as designated by city, state and/or federal law. Maintains confidentiality of residents past and present care.
- Responsible for ensuring staff maintains a safe and clean environment. Responsible for creating a calm, supportive and caring environment for residents and staff.
Safety and Sanitation:
- Responsible for complying with all safety and sanitation procedures. Responsible for ensuring staff complies with all safety and sanitation procedures, including universal precautions. Responsible for proper storage of supplies and equipment and completing incident reports in a timely manner.
In-Service and Workshops:
- Responsible for attending in-service programs, educational workshops and meetings as required to maintain professional license and enhance professional growth.
Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
License: Must have a current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Ohio.
Experience: Nursing graduates welcome!
Health: Must be in good general health, free of communicable diseases and emotionally stable.
- Must have visual acuity to administer medications. Ability to hear with or without use of prosthetics soft spoken words of residents, intercom and alarms. Physical dexterity to open small packages and perform treatments. Physical ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, lift, push/pull up to 150 pounds and move intermittently throughout the shift. Physical ability to climb and descend stairs, use elevator and assist residents.