Restaurant Bus Person
The Restaurant Bus Person is for setting and clearing restaurant tables, stocking all service stations and assisting food servers with table service to ensure total guest satisfaction.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of the dining area, including all tables and chairs.
- Prepares dining room for guests by cleaning and clothing tables, setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates and utensils.
- Prepare all beverages required for service, including coffee, iced tea and hot water.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to guest spills or other special needs.
- Supports servers by setting-up and replenishing condiment stands, trash containers liners and bus stations.
- Ability to serve food and beverages to guests during busy periods.
- Closes dining room by cleaning chairs and tables; sweeping and/or vacuuming floors; removing trash.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Time Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a restaurant setting. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Over 3/4th of the time
- Walk- Over 3/4th of the time
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 50 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty plus hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior restaurant experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.