There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000 acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
The Member Services Director is responsible for Member Services, Membership Sales, Club Communications, and Real Estate relations. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of Member Services Manager, Member Services Associates and the Member areas of the club
- Seasonal Member communications and club event marketing
- Member event programming and participation to maintain Member relationships
- Providing concierge services for member and guests
- Oversees the vacation planning for guests staying in our residential services program
- Involved in the recruitment, hiring, and training of the Member Services team
- Responsible for engaging new members and potential members through the onboarding process of membership
- Collaborating with Real Estate teams within the Big Sky area, particularly the Big Sky Real Estate Co. on new development properties, to ensure prospective buyers are informed on club amenities and fees
- Managing the Moonlight Basin owner/member data base
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- Maintain and cultivate Member relationships to continue to better the Member experience and create opportunities to grow as a club
- Responsible for overseeing the hiring, training, and managing assigned Associates for the highest level of service
- Oversee with Member Services Manager all Associate coaching, mentoring, oral warnings, written warnings, suspension, and termination, and all appropriate documentation
- Development and coordination of all written communication for Members; monthly and annual club communication and seasonal event/activity calendars
- Work with Member Services Manager to maintain the day-to-day operations, including the valet and transportation department and concierge services
- Follow up with all interested parties to review club opportunities for both home owners and non-home owners
- Support the Member Services Manager with training Member Services team on membership opportunities to ensure all information is pertinent and that the team can speak to all options
- Process all Membership applications through the appropriate channels
- Work with Accounting to process initiation fees, structure annual dues, and track all special membership structures
- Maintain communication with ownership through all Member applications and special Membership requests
Residential Services and Real Estate
- Coordinate pre-arrival and onsite concierge services including training, leading, coaching, and inspiring the existing Member Services team to ensure Residential Concierge needs are met to the fullest extent
- Complete support to Real Estate prospect stays: providing pre-arrival services for perspective buyers, being the liaison between Real Estate Sales Team and all Club Operational departments
- Direct liaison between realtors and the club to ensure prospective buyers are well informed on club amenities, fee structures, and club life
- Work closely with Moonlight Residential and the Big Sky Real Estate Company on marketing and communications to current members, owners, and prospective members
- Oversee the budgets for assigned department to ensure that costs are maintained within budgetary guidelines
- Manage all invoice submitting and approvals, working closely with accounting
- Maintain regular communication with Human Resources regarding recruiting, staffing, performance reviews, terminating associates, etc.
- Support of Moonlight Club Vision, Mission and Values; including effective leadership, excellent customer service skills, and supervision of overall Member Services integrity and standards
- Provide support to other departments during special events as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Golf and Club Operations
- Minimum 2-year college experience and 5+ years of experience in a club/hospitality environment
- High degree of language and writing aptitude
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional team leadership skills
- Must be detail oriented and organized with ability to multi-task
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and Outlook
- Flexibility of hours and willingness to work more than 40 hours per week, including holidays and weekends on a regular basis
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to recruit, lead and motivate people
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, fluency in English
- Highly organized and flexible
- Residential rental management experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and relate to people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, including Associates, vendors, applicants, and members/guests
- Self-starter; able to carry out a multitude of duties without direction
- Enjoys thinking of new ideas; is creative and resourceful
- Must be highly professional and able to respect confidentiality
- Knowledge of hotel, resort and/or club operations
- Ability to manage staff, including hiring, training, coaching, discipline, etc.
- Ability to use online recruiting system for reviewing applications, interviewing, and hiring new associates
- Ability to create proper documentation for recruiting, coaching, safety, discipline, etc.
- Ability to coordinate with other departments on a daily basis. Able to lead and motivate people
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.