POSITION SUMMARY The Logistics Coordinator will identify, receive and distribute materials. This position also keeps records, prepares shipments, accepts deliveries of goods and updates all tracking databases routinely and accurately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Check vendor confirmations for accuracy.
- Review vendor returns, track and provide routine updates to sales, accounting, and vendor representation
- Identify and match materials with coordinating orders.
- Review and enter items as received in systems.
- Once material is received, place work order and distribute accordingly.
- Scan all fully received PO’s into corresponding vendor folder for accounting to pay.
- Work in unison with accounting department to discuss and correct discrepancies
- Compile and file all PO’s from coordinators onto the correct vendor boards.
- Verify contents of shipment against original order and invoice, such as consumables.
- Prepare documents such as work orders or packing slips.
- Use preferred shipping method to include drop shipments, courier deliveries or company delivery.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, and damages.
- Order and store materials to maintain inventory of stock to be shipped as directed.
- Pack, seal, label, and prepare materials for shipping for USPS, FedEx, and UPS.
- Co-coordinate the route of materials to final customer.
- Record items taken from inventory such as consumables.
- Process sub-contractors supply orders for delivery or pick-up.
- Perform stock clerk duties, such as stocking and marking shipped goods and maintaining warehouse and office cleanliness.
- Works in conjunction with area managers, sales coordinators and warehouse staff to schedule outbound freight deliveries.
- Available as needed to prepare shipment labels.
- Consistently follows-up with each vendor on product ETA’s, shortages and damages and follows-through until final resolution.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Basic knowledge of general office procedures, computers and other equipment.
- Experience with Microsoft Applications including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least three months of shipping and receiving experience or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.