Mineral Land Administrator
Rife Resources Ltd. is a private oil and gas exploration and production company, wholly-owned by the CN Pension Trust Funds (pension fund for employees of the Canadian National Railway). Rife has interests in approximately 610,000 acres of land in Western Canada. Rife’s current production is ~5,000 boed with operational focus on heavy oil in the greater Lloydminster area and light oil in Central Alberta. Rife also manages the assets of Canpar Holdings Ltd. and Freehold Royalties Ltd.
Canpar Holdings Ltd. is a private land holdings company, wholly-owned by the CN Pension Trust Funds. Canpar generates income through resource development royalties on its ~4.1 million gross acres of mineral title lands in Western Canada.
Freehold Royalties Ltd. is a public mineral title and royalty company with oil and gas properties across five provinces in Canada and eight states in the United States. Freehold generates approximately 10,500 boed of royalty production from approximately 6.3 million gross acres of mineral title and GORR lands in Canada and over 400,000 gross drilling unit acres in the United States. Freehold is focused on providing investors with low-risk returns and growth over the long term by acquiring and creating new high quality royalties.(TSX: FRU)
Mineral Land Administrator
Reporting to the Team Lead, Land Administration, this role will be responsible for assigned Mineral Land Administration duties including, but not limited to:
- Day-to-day lease administration, including set-up and maintenance of mineral lease files in CS Land (Crown, Freehold, Crown Acquired, Fee Title and Salt Water Disposal Agreements)
- Maintain well records and calculate well spacing allocations and communicate to finance team
- Prepare fee leases and amending agreements
- Review, track and process lease assignments and fee lease continuations and expiries
- Complete title reviews and verification of royalty interests, conduct caveat research and removal
- Review and issue notices of offset obligation and lease termination
- Field lessor and lessee inquiries
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- ·Analyze land and well information to satisfy finance queries
- Prepare and review acquisition and divestiture mineral lease documents
- Prepare, register and remove caveats for company mineral titles and freehold lands
- Review monthly rental calendars
- Perform crown and freehold land search requests
- Petroleum Land Administration Certificate with a minimum of 7 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Strong understanding of mineral land administration with particular experience in fee title administration including mineral lease clauses, obligations and terminology
- Strong understanding of contractual royalties including title royalties
- Ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines and timelines
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communications skills both oral and written
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team
- Experience with CSLand, GeoScout, Word / Excel, ISC, SPIN, ETS, IRIS
- Solid understanding of Canadian P&NG regulations as they apply to Crown and Freehold mineral leases and titles, including spacing units
- Ability to multi-task, make independent decisions and work with a diverse group of individuals in a fast-paced environment
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application
Hybrid Work Program:
We understand the way we do our work has changed and our employees are looking for flexibility with a blend of in-office and remote work. Rife currently has a hybrid work program in place allowing us to live, learn and adapt in a way that works for our business and our employees.
What does our hybrid work program look like?
- Combination of in-office and remote work: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday are core in-office workdays, Monday and Friday in-office or remote based on your preference
- Flexible work hours, while committing to being available during our core hours of 9:00am – 3:00pm
If you choose to participate in the hybrid work program, you will:
- Be provided with a Rife computer or laptop when working in the office
- Require access to a personal computer when working from home
- Benefits program
- Health and Wellness spending account
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Pension plan
- Flex day program
- Hybrid work program
Equity, Inclusion and Diversity
Committed to attracting and retaining diverse employees, Rife Resources will honor your experiences, perspectives, and unique identity. Together, we strive to create and maintain a working environment that is welcoming and promotes diversity of thought, inclusivity and equity.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position