Senior Marketing & Communications Specialist
The National WWII Museum is currently seeking a Senior Marketing & Communications Specialist. This position manages special projects, provides direct support to the Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, and leads collaborative efforts to meet the critical needs and multi-faceted, dynamic operations of the Museum’s Marketing & Communications team. The Senior Marketing & Communications Specialist will be responsible for a wide range of administrative and operational duties such as preparing for meetings and events, drafting and reviewing communications, organizing the team’s financial operations, and coordinating logistics for photo shoots and other initiatives. The ideal candidate is a versatile, detail-oriented go-getter who enjoys serving in various marketing and communications functions to assist wherever the need is greatest.
- Provide support to the CMO and Marketing & Communications team by preparing for internal and external meetings, presentations, and events, including coordinating schedules, drafting agendas, conducting research, developing meeting materials, and following up after meetings.
- Manage special projects that fall outside of the purview of other Marketing & Communications staff members.
- Coordinate the logistics for promotional photography / videography shoots.
- Lead the team’s efforts in organizing and sharing marketing and communication assets as resources for other departments and outside partners.
- Assist the CMO and Project Manager in coordinating complex projects that require collaboration across several Museum departments.
- Organize the team’s financial operations by reviewing and properly submitting contracts, ensuring that invoices are processed for payment, and maintaining budgets.
- Support the team’s Project Manager in ensuring consistent and timely communication about projects both within the Marketing & Communications team and among the various Museum departments.
- Attend meetings and events, when needed, on behalf of the CMO or other team members.
- Assist in the review of marketing emails, newsletters, collaterals, and other materials.
- Manage the CMO’s calendar; assure consistent and timely response from CMO.
- Minimum of three years of experience and demonstrated success in work environments with communications, public relations, fundraising, and/or project management responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, advertising, English, or related field that provides a foundation for superior writing, research, and strategic communications.
- Superior organizational and project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to motivate people through a positive, collaborative atmosphere.
- Flexibility to respond quickly and appropriately to changing environments.
- Ability to excel in personal interactions with staff and volunteers at all levels of the organization.
- Good judgment, discretion, and ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that may extend outside of the typical 40-hour work week to complete tasks and meet deadlines.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.