Merchants and Marine Bank has been proudly serving the communities along the Gulf Coast since 1899. If you are highly motivated, enthusiastic and thrives in a team environment, we have an opportunity that may be right for you.
Why Work for Us:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401-K Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Personal Paid Time Off
- Term Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Student Loan and Tuition Assistance
Responsible for providing financial/credit analysis for commercial and some consumer loans, perform research on industry trends, spread financial statements, underwrite loan requests, and prepare internal reports. Work is generally independent with occasional guidance on more complex tasks within the job function.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Analyzes sources of financial information, such as financial statements, credit bureau reports and cash flows to determine potential risk and profitability of loan.
- Works directly with Loan Officers to obtain all necessary information needed to underwrite loan requests and ensure continued financial capacity and adherence to loan policy and covenants.
- Prepares spreadsheets, interprets financial information, and develops cash flows of prospective and existing borrowers; reports findings and makes recommendations to improve credit quality and minimize risk of potential losses.
- Gains exposure to some of the more complex tasks within the job function while working more independently on less complex tasks.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining the watch list and non-accrual reports for the Bank.
- Assists in analyzing existing and perspective vendors of the Bank, on an annual basis and on request.
- Helps maintain credit shared files to ensure the adequacy of loan approval documents and supporting information.
- Completes all required training and maintains effective knowledge of procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing financial institutions, as they apply to your position and job responsibilities.
- Contributes to efficiencies by offering innovative solutions to problem areas or issues within the credit function.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned to support the bank’s strategic objectives.
- Associate degree with coursework in accounting required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 years related experience in credit underwriting and analysis.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and communicate effectively to customers and employees.
- Must have working knowledge of banking and compliance laws, regulations, financial analysis, and credit practices in consumer and commercial lending.
- Must possess strong leadership, teamwork, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Must have strong knowledge of standard computer applications including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to understand and interpret financial data (Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Cash Flow Statements, Financial Ratios, etc.) and apply those skills as they pertain to the loan underwriting process.
- Must be detail-oriented in order to generate accurate reports.
- Must have exceptional time management skills and be able to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to adjust quickly to different work situations; remain composed under pressure and stressful situations.
- Must be able to work independently with occasional guidance on more complex aspects of the work.
- Must be able to stay current on all changes within the banking industry as they pertain to the credit function.
- Must maintain an effective knowledge of bank operations, credit and lending policies and procedures, and accounting and finance.
- Cross-sell other services of the bank.
- Uphold the M&M Bank Code of Ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded. Support and uphold the M&M Bank Mission Statement.
- Adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the bank's overall operation.
- Office environment, but may have occasion to work outdoors.
- Travel is required to customers and prospects, valid driver’s license, and insurance required.
- Computer knowledge in lending systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Offsite training and conferences may be necessary.
- Always promote professionalism.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
For more information, contact Careers@MandMbank.com