Registered Nurse, Fluoroscopy
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Registered Nurse, provides professional nursing care and coordinates the delivery of Fluoroscopic guided chronic pain medical treatments to assigned patients in the Centre, ensuring adherence to company policies and nursing procedures, standards, and practices.
WHO WE ARE:
NeuPath is a vertically integrated health care provider utilizing research, data-driven insights, technology, and interdisciplinary care to help restore function for patients impacted by chronic pain, spinal injuries, sports-related injuries, and concussions. NeuPath owns and operates thirteen clinics in Ontario and Alberta and has a minority interest in two physiotherapy clinics in Alberta. NeuPath is building out a national network to better serve patients across Canada. We are dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of people with pain.
- Adhere to Company policies; Code of Business Conduct, Violence and Harassment, Health and Safety, AODA, and other such policies currently in force
- Support the overall continuous patient flow and daily operations of the clinic
- Opening and closing the clinic as required by business needs, including weekends, if necessary
- Provides direct nursing care for specified patients, including appropriate supportive care and administration of treatments as prescribed
- Performs nursing assessments and triage of patient care needs for new and ongoing patients
- Prepares and maintains treatment rooms and supplies including, cleaning and sterilizing instruments, verifying vaccine expiry dates and pharmaceutical supplies
- Ongoing inventory and stocking of crash cart
- Establishes, maintains, processes, and/or updates files, records, and/or other documents; including ensuring all files are kept current and up to date
- Provides education to patients, families, and significant others; acts as an information resource to students, health care professionals, patients, and the public
- Provides family support as required, including applicable referrals and counseling
- Follows established company policies, procedures, objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards
- May train and guide other nursing and support staff engaged in clinical activities; may participate in research and related activities
- Answers telephones, takes messages, and provides general information; greets and directs patients; answers routine inquiries; performs appointment reminders and returns clinic calls.
- Opens and routes incoming mail and faxes; distributes correspondence and other material to clinic staff.
- Scheduling patient appointments utilizing the appropriate scheduling system and making changes as necessary, including but not limited to physician schedule changes and requests.
- May be assigned to support other clinic locations from time to time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A current BLS or ACLS
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Maintain personal liability/medical insurance
- Degree in Nursing (preferred)
- Minimum one (1) year of related work experience
- Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards
- Knowledge of medical treatment procedures, facilities, and equipment
- Knowledge of supportive care principles and techniques for patients
- Ability to educate patients and/or families as to the nature of disease and to provide instruction on proper care and treatment
- Very strong customer service and interpersonal skills toward both internal and external customers
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements
- Knowledge of Fluoroscopy and related procedures.
- Ability to perform nursing assessments and patient triage
- Patient assessment and referral skills
- Proficient in I.V. initiation and management
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.