Reports to: Market Sales Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH: Vertava Health is a leading national behavioral healthcare system for mental health and substance use disorders, providing a full continuum of services based on the individuals' varying needs at different times in their health and recovery journey. We apply evidence-based treatment modalities at every level of care and embed digital health tools to enhance and amplify clinical outcomes. With a growing list of Joint Commission accredited inpatient and outpatient locations across the country, a virtual care platform and a national network of healthcare providers, Vertava Health pioneers care that empowers people so that they can live out their best future.
In order to make this possible, we need an exceptional Account Executive who can meet the requirements below. Think you have what it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
The Account Executive is responsible for building relationships in a defined geographic area with potential referral sources for the Vertava Health network. Sales activities include account identification and development. Measures of success are tied directly to referrals and is facilitated by being a trusted addiction and mental health treatment solution partner for independent medical professionals, hospitals, EAPs, businesses, and other entities as need exists. All sales activities are in accordance with business plan strategy for a market. Works under general direction from Area Vice President, Sales.
Priority responsibilities include:
- Excellent organization, problem solving skills and the ability to appropriately represent Company service capabilities to the targeted referral source audience required.
- Calls on physicians, hospitals, EAPs, businesses, etc. within an assigned territory to open new accounts and promote Vertava Healths.
- Works in conjunction with Area Vice President- Sales, Area Vice President of Operations, and other campus staff to prepare annual business plans. Implements territory business plans and manages sales time and resources according to plan, adjusting the plan as necessary to meet goals.
- Communicates weekly with the Area Vice President of Sales to discuss sales activities, new opportunities, potential problems, etc. Gathers/organizes account related information and provides input on key customer opportunities.
- Makes sales calls, arranges appointments and delivers educational programs to keep referral sources current in Vertava Health services. Act as a liaison between referral sources and Campus Staff to provide information on Company services, specialties, and resolve problems and maintain positive customer relations.
- Establishes/maintains effective working relationships with appropriate campus and corporate support to keep abreast of current and service offerings.
- Adheres to and participates in Company’s mandatory HIPAA privacy program/practices.
- Reviews and adheres to all Company policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as directed by Area Vice President, Sales
- Maintains detailed territory list, prioritizing accounts in accordance with the market/territory sales plan and other available business intelligence tools. Maintains detailed territory management records using SalesForce CRM.
Collaborate with multiple departments, teams and stakeholders, including:
- Area Vice President of Sales
- Campus- and Senior-Leadership Teams
- Business development teams
Other duties as assigned
- Background in business development and service sales required. Knowledge of sales techniques.
- Minimum of two years health care or related industry sales experience generally required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Resilience when faced with rejection critical
- Possesses a high level of positive energy
- Ability to prepare reports electronically and have knowledge of Internet, word perfect and Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel or their equivalents
- Must have the ability to work with doctors, lawyers, community leaders, third party payers, substance abusers and their families, and any agency or individual which impacts program operations at a corporate, city, county, state or Federal level.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects
- Ability to use hands and fingers, talk or hear
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and reach continually. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 80%
Vertava Health is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled