Are you passionate about building relationships and working alongside the most vulnerable in our city?
As a member of the Street Level Team, the Street Level Worker will have a broad working knowledge of all areas of The Mustard Seed’s Basic Services. This position engages community participants in relationship and with resources, as well as maintain a safe and welcoming environment where staff, participants, and volunteers become a life-giving community that nurtures hope, health, and transformation. Crisis intervention and de-escalation resolution will be daily occurrences for the role.
Position Type: Hiring Part time to work weekends. Fixed term until October 31, 2021.
Reporting to: 96th St Drop-in Supervisor
Location: 96th Street Building, Edmonton
Number of Positions to Fill: Multiple positions
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience working within the culture of the inner city and/or with people experiencing poverty or homelessness is preferred
- A demonstrated passion to be involved in ending homelessness in Alberta is essential
- Proactive self-starter characteristics
- A team player, who works collaboratively and has a “teachable spirit”
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a fast- paced environment
- Knowledge of mental illness and addictions is an asset
- Experience working in a volunteer-based organization is considered an asset
- Food Safety training is an asset
- The position will require ongoing compassionate care, frequent manual labor, conflict resolution and organizational ability
- Moderate physical effort required. Considerable periods of standing, walking, cleaning, sorting and typing; mainly indoors and some outdoors
- High mental effort required to pre-emptively identify and assess conflict, problem solve, maintain healthy boundaries, and provide empathetic support for people facing extreme personal struggles
- Considerable periods of standing, walking, indoors and outdoors
- An Employment Background Check is required for all positions at The Mustard Seed
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect is used solely for consideration for employment.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Mustard Seed reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls please.
- Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.