SUMMARY: Responsible for receiving and handling incoming patients, schedules appointments, maintains patient flow in waiting area, and cashiering. Receives callers to determine nature of business, and directs callers to destination or takes messages. Assist with Covid-19 Testing and Appointments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist front desk and medical staff with patient information to ensure all patients are given excellent customer care.
- Receive patients and visitors and issues proper ID.
- Maintains proper flow of patients.
- Maintains appointment system for medical and other agency services.
- Obtains caller’s name and directs caller to destination.
- Obtains appropriate client information as assigned, including insurance card, ID, co-pays, etc.
- Verify patient’s insurance prior to patient’s scheduled appointment or prior to being treated by physician, for walk-in patients.
- Updates written patient sign in log as the patients check in. Patient sign in logs must reflect the patient’s name and the amount of and type of revenue collected.
- Collects patient revenue and post patient charges in to the Practice Management System.
- Makes future appointments and answer inquiries.
- Balances daily revenue receipts and prints required reports.
- Collects and distributes mail and messages.
- Type memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Ability to travel between the clinical sites as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time