Worm Operation & Safety
This position is management and cultivation work in maintaining a healthy worm population with the purpose of generating high quality worm castings. Also includes, procurement of operational supplies.
Work involves responsibility for planning, coordinating, and directing the operation of a worm farm. This would include managing input to sustain the worm population year-round. Work may include supervising staff, both skilled and unskilled. Work environment is split between plant floor, outside, & office.
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinates with plant manager and leaders in the organization to meet expected output goals/KPIs, and makes recommendations for improvements, input planning, safety and PPE education/communication, training.
Determines frequency of turning worm boxes.
Inspects worm inputs, worm boxes, castings; confers with and advises plant manager and leaders on problems; makes input requests in consideration of leads times; approves work schedules.
Supervises all operations of staff assigned to work in the worm casting operations.
Makes reports on time, equipment, materials, and production; keeps records and prepares estimates of needs.
Ensuring compliance with OSHA, federal and state regulation.
Manage data in spreadsheets and reports.
Carry out other duties related to plant operations, procurement of supplies, coordination of delivery or pick up appointments.
Create plans to improve health and
safety in the workplace.
Communicates the need for repair and maintenance of worm building and equipment.
Performs related work as required.
KEY or ESSENTIAL
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below:
- Promotes development of cost saving initiatives including management of utilities and equipment.
- Ensures regulatory compliance as appropriate (OSHA, EPA, Etc.)
- Directs outside contractors engaged in the support of maintenance activities.
- Develops strong working relationships and strong communication links through all levels of the organization.
- Able to stand, reach, bend, crouch, duck and lift up to 60 lbs as necessary.
- Experience driving a forklift.
Education and/or Experience: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- High School diploma required.
- 4 years’ experience in leadership/supervisory role; demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading a team/department.
- Manufacturing/farming/administrative experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in keeping records of time, production and costs, and to make reports and recommendations for improvement in methods and equipment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience using ERP/MRP preferable.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position