Cook, Prep Cook, Restaurant Staff / Utility Personnel
Mountain Air Country Club located a mile in elevation in beautiful Burnsville North Carolina is recruiting for Line Cook positions for the 2021 season (May through October). Positions will be part-time (available 28 – 40 hours per week). We offer a quality work environment, competitive pay, employee meals, uniforms, and a season-ending bonus. Shifts are available Monday through Sunday as follows: 7 am-2 pm; 10 am-4 pm; and 4 pm-11 pm. Mountain Air Country Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Line Cook (Seasonal May/October)
Prepare food in accordance with Club recipes and standards.
- Prepare all required items, sets up service units
- Serves items in accordance with established portions and presentation standards
- Notifies Sous Chef of expected shortages and assists in maintaining security and safety in the kitchen
- Ensures that assigned work areas and equipment are clean and sanitary
- Maintains a neat, professional appearance and observes cleanliness rules at all times
- Sets up, maintains, and breaks down prep cook stations
- Adheres to state and local health and safety regulations
- Covers, dates, and neatly stores all leftover products that are reusable
- Assists with other duties as assigned by Executive and Sous Chef
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must be well groomed, dependable, mature, and possess good verbal communication skills. A friendly service attitude is mandatory for the position as well as an eagerness to learn. The individual should possess good time management and organizational skills, and be in good physical condition. The individual must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 35 lbs. with no physical hardship. While primarily an indoor job, must be able to work at outdoor locations on occasion. Must be able to work effectively in a kitchen environment with occasional extremes in temperature. Availability on holidays and weekends is required.