PSSC HR MANAGER
HR Manager – The Palm Springs Surf Club
- Palm Springs, CA, USA
- Job category: HR
- Job Location: 1500 S Gene Autry Trail, Palm Springs, CA 92264
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: Full-Time
- Salary + Benefits: $70k-$90k + employer contributions to insurance premiums
PSSC is a broadly appealing active lifestyle concept incorporating surfing, entertainment, hospitality, dining, fitness, social events, and health & wellness. Our targeted site strategy is focused on warm weather and densely populated urban markets with a mix of strong local and visitor demographics. PSSC features proven wave technologies by Surf Loch Wave Systems. Our scalable destination concept easily adapted to fit local market character to create a true community focal point and gathering place.
You don’t just work at PSSC. You become one of the best reasons our clients come back again and again. It’s our aim to provide a warm and inviting community atmosphere for our guests and corporate clients. We believe every employee should play a key role in helping to enrich the client and guest experience during their event. This takes a dedication to real, live hospitality and an appreciation for innovative leadership. We are a team, and we act like it. We also believe, as PSSC management, in a commitment to providing a secure and an enjoyable work environment for every employee — one that promotes honesty, mutual respect, personal growth and career advancement for all. Employees also receive access to employee dedicated surf sessions.
The HR Manager:
Finance, Legal, Bus Affairs and HR
is a leadership role and will report to the GM and Executive Management. This
position will work with business leaders to optimize the workforce while
expanding leadership capability. The person selected for this role will serve
as a senior advisor and trusted partner to the management teams that they are
responsible for supporting. This role requires an individual that can be a
business partner at all levels of the organization – CFO to GM, assistant department
Managers. This individual is also a partner with supporting HR functions, who
you will leverage to help drive, integrate, and implement HR strategies. Having
the business understanding and acumen that enables a complex business to
address diverse and evolving workforce needs is a must. A coach, mentor and
leader, this person will work with the business to evaluate and develop talent,
assess business situations, amplify employee engagement, anticipate needs, make
pro-active recommendations, and solve complex people issues. You are a team
player and have the requisite skills as much as you are the right cultural fit
(think agility, fun, speed, relationship builder, innovator and collaborator).
Additional duties include owning HR compliance (handbooks and policies), employee relations (employee responsibilities and support the timeliness of resolution), be a positive-outcome problem solver, and have had experience or a desire to work for an emerging industry and rapidly growing organization. You know how to implement structure while being a flexible. Having some organization development experience would be ideal.
This is a full-time position that requires to be in the office located at the park. Some remote work will be allowed. This position requires non-traditional working hours which includes working nights and weekends when applicable.
The ideal candidate will be a partner and leader who:
- Is a role model, inspiring confidence, trust, optimism, respect, fairness, and collaboration
- Has a proven track record for developing innovative HR solutions
- Experience driving transformational change
- Acts as a key voice with senior management on shaping the culture to help align with a fast moving, results oriented business
- Facilitates innovative business strategies that build organizational focus, create efficiencies and drive business results
- Leads organization design activities and talent management strategies to implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create more effective and efficient organizations that are aligned to shifting business demands
- Is a critical thinker and problem solver, surfacing underlying issues to achieve better outcomes for the business
- Proactively identifies opportunities to make connections that will further integrate our operational thinking and ways of doing business
- Balances division and operational priorities and is not afraid to take smart risks
- Holds self and others accountable
Qualifications and Skills:
A candidate for this position must possess the following applicable knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate and provide applicable examples to support his/her competency.
- Broad business and Human Resources understanding
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize business data and develop innovative and holistic HR solutions that are forward thinking and growth oriented
- Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous priorities
- Experience and ability to support or lead recruitment efforts
- Experience and ability to support or lead payroll and benefit requirements
- Strong executive consulting and client relationship skills
- Proven ability to consult with and guide management and teams through organizational change / transition strategies that enable business growth, transition and continued evolution while challenging the status quo
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including excellent verbal and written communication abilities and presentation skills
- Track record of delivering exceptional employee experience
- Excellent judgment with strong problem-solving capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, i.e., poised and engaging, empathetic communication styles that can enliven, engage, and positively impact individuals and groups
- Ability to partner with all levels of managers, providing a consultative approach and employee relations
- Ability to act quickly and efficiently with high degree of professionalism
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrable expertise in analysis and action taking
- Excellent organization and prioritizing skills
- Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS systems
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Leadership level experience, preferred.
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience in a high-volume hospitality environment.
- Background in hospitality industry is highly desirable.
PSSC recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- PSSC Employee Perks and Discounts
PSSC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer & participates in E-Verify.
This job post is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operation of PSSC.