The Environmental Technician will support our project team by performing various types of fieldwork, specifically water and wastewater sampling for epidemiological studies relating to Covid-19 and Monkeypox viruses. Fieldwork will include transportation to various collection sites, environmental sample collection, laboratory analyses, maintenance and troubleshooting of sampling equipment, and recording field data. This position also requires working around manholes and other confined spaces involving hazardous materials.
The candidate must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College-level or technical school coursework in environmental science, environmental
engineering or related fields preferred, and experience in the operation of a wastewater
treatment plant preferred; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which
provides knowledge, abilities, and skills
- Entry level, 0-3 years of work experience
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain an insurable driving record
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills, including attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
This position also requires the following:
- A commitment to safe work practices
- The ability to communicate effectively with project team members
- Initiative and motivation to complete project tasks on schedule
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to travel to other regional client sites, generally on a daily basis
Providence is an employee-owned engineering and environmental consulting firm, and our team of professional engineers and environmental specialists possess unparalleled credentials and decades of experience in solving complex environmental challenges. Providence’s focus is sustained by employing the best people to provide the highest quality services with innovation and integrity as we work closely with biologists, toxicologists, ecologists, geologists, and environmental regulatory specialists to offer an outstanding combination of talent and expertise for both governmental civil infrastructure and industrial development work.
Providence is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Providence, including hiring, are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, parental status, veteran or disability status or any other protected status. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to work environments free of discrimination and harassment.
Providence Engineering and Environmental Group LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled