Administrative Assistant, Office of the COO
Does being a part of an organization that puts on America’s largest free music festival drawing attendees from around the country sound like something you’d like to help make happen? Does offering cultural events like festivals, concerts, movies and classes and camps in visual arts in your local community something you value? If so, we have good news, you can play a vital role in supporting the leadership of the organization that helps make all these programs accessible in the Lehigh Valley and beyond. We’re hiring an Administrative Assistant to the COO here at ArtsQuest.
Day to day you’ll
- Be the right hand of and offer administrative support to our COO from managing schedules, preparing correspondence, to ticket coordination, and everything between while also assisting the rest of our executive leadership team on various projects.
- With great attention to detail, you’ll handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Manage the calendar for the COO and make necessary arrangements for meetings, recording meeting minutes
- Use sound judgement to screen and prioritize incoming calls, correspondence, and reports,
- Coordination of projects ensuring responsibilities are communicated internally, collaboration with participating staff; monitor progress/achievements of next steps and present progress updates
- Draft communications and provide research to COO and senior leadership team
- Make travel arrangements and schedule conferences within COO budget guidelines and prepare itineraries
- Record keeping for annual sponsorship goals and marketing spends
- Coordinate community donation inquiries and maintain annual community donations information
- Collaborate with other administrative staff to establish and maintain various filing and records management systems
- Promote the organization’s mission when communicating with others
What you'll need to thrive in this role
- 5+ years in an administrative assistant role; past support of a senior executive and/or leadership and management experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge a plus.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, ethical standards, and trust
- Outgoing, approachable, and dynamic relationship builder
- A passion for the arts, music, and cultural programs
- Experience with or knowledge of the Lehigh Valley, its residents, diverse communities, and customs
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle are required to enable the ability to travel between our facilities daily
- Results and action-oriented coordinating multiple, often quick-turnaround projects, setting deadlines, and ensuring program accountability
- Energetic, forward thinking, and creative mindset
- Navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Flexibility to work long and unusual hours including evenings, weekends and occasional holidays when needed to support our events and activities, development, and growth
The following qualities are desirable, but not required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in working in a non-profit environment.
ArtsQuest is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our mission is to provide access to exceptional artistic, cultural, and educational experiences using arts and culture as key elements of economic development for our urban communities.
Through festivals such as our flagship event, Musikfest; Banana Factory Arts Center; ArtsQuest Center and SteelStacks arts and cultural campus, ArtsQuest’s programming reaches more than 1.9 million people annually. Our programs and events, approximately 50 percent of which are free to attend, have a combined economic impact of more than $136 million annually in the region.
We maintain a culture of C.A.R.E.S.; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability. In addition, ArtsQuest has very high standards for accountability and ownership of all of our employees’ actions, whose contributions to the organization all relate to customer service. It is our goal to deliver the most exceptional experiences to both our internal and external customers. We work hard, but we play harder. It’s the reason we’re here!
- Medical, dental, vision, term life, and disability insurance
- 403(b)-retirement savings plan
- Paid time off and sick time
- Discounts on select organizational programs and events
Expected start date: End of August 2022
ArtsQuest is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees and volunteers invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
ArtsQuest is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, EOE, M/F/LGBTQ/Disability/Vet.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.