Retirement Center Management has an opportunity for a PRN Driver at our Village on the Park Friendswood, an Independent Living senior community.
Position is a temporary role Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and includes occasional weekends.
The Driver is responsible for providing safe, courteous transportation service and serve as support staff to the community. Reports vehicle maintenance needs to ensure vehicle longevity.
- Drive vehicle from community location to and from assigned destinations.
- Assist residents into and out of vehicle in a safe manner.
- Follow operating safety procedures as defined in the vehicle operating manuals. Observe all traffic laws.
- Secure passengers' wheelchairs to restraining devices to stabilize wheelchairs while transport is in progress.
- Practice safe driving techniques at all times.
- Immediately report accidents or damage to the vehicle to Executive Director or Manager on Duty.
- Clean vehicle and assure sufficient fueling to meet transportation needs. Report and coordinate needed vehicle maintenance repairs with Director of Maintenance or Executive Director.
- Establish and monitor daily and weekly trip inspection and preventative maintenance programs, as well as maintain records regarding the maintenance and mileage of all vehicles.
- Assist residents with belongings.
- Maintain a safe driving record that meets Company guidelines and insurance carrier requirements.
- Handle emergency situations and basic First Aid.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to the Executive Director.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships while interfacing confidently with people of diverse levels and backgrounds.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs, paint, minor plumbing, minor electrical, carpentry, minor HVAC.
- Assisting maintenance department with tasks such as repairs and cleaning.
- May perform other duties as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- 1 year of related experience.
- Required current Driver’s License with excellent driving record.
- Must be professional and have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Able to solve problems, display good judgement and attention to detail.
- Able to operate a fourteen (14) passenger bus, unless otherwise required by state law. Able to operate tire changing equipment, First Aid Kit, wheelchair lift, and dollies/hand trucks.
- Experienced with vehicle emergency repairs, able to change automobile tires and handle minor on-road maintenance.
- Position requires driving responsibilities (may use Company provided vehicle and/or personal vehicle).
- Must satisfactorily meet and be in compliance with RCM’s Motor Vehicle Record Policy standards.
- Experience with maintenance tasks such as changing light bulbs and HVAC filters, painting and unit make-ready is a plus.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
Retirement Center Management considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Retirement Center Management are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.